Thursday, June 15, 2023

Food, movement, rest, weird dreams

 Yesterday was uneventful, thankfully, aside from resting and dozing on and off, and still sleeping all night. 

Weird dreams, about teaching some class about food and writing,  and protesting I wasn't well enough and being overridden by eager students. 

And writing a book or maybe it was a stitched piece, it kept changing, and hand delivering it, crawling up a frozen muddy driveway too steep to drive up. To what in the dream seemed to be a pet care client's house.

This part was so vivid that it took me a while after I woke to realize it was not a client in rl, but one I'd dreamed of many times.  I have recurring imaginary locations in dreams, based on actual ones I've been to. Also interesting houses with extra rooms I keep finding, that's always fun.

I'm probably expressing an urge to get back to weaving and knitting and spinning and generally making, but the neck is not up for it. So Haggard Hawks puzzles have been good. And it occurs to me that this might be a time to revisit my Arabic. I've been thinking about it a while.

Yesterday I   revisited food, cautiously, small chicken sandwich, small bowl of spaghetti without cheese and extra red peppers. So far so good.

Breakfast today, yogurt and tea, the big time.

I even made it to the mailbox, a round trip of about 100 yards, yay me



It's across the street from the white car, my front porch in the foreground. Retrieved a bill, oh joy.

About puzzles, here's a pretty easy one, or not, all depending on how you roll

Clever clues please, remembering I'm slow on the uptake at the moment.

Happy day everyone, storms yesterday took care of my plant watering, and someone disturbed one of my seedling pots. No qtips in that one. So I've put some now. 

 Let's attend to our seedlings whatever form they take! 




24 comments:

  1. Sorry that you still have a way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the drama of Monday, I think it's inevitable.

      Delete
  2. If one of these puzzles is so easy that I can see it on the first go, it is TOO easy. Trust me.
    I know you absolutely MUST be anxious to get back to your regular activities.
    I, too, have dream world versions of places I've been before. They change over the years as I dream and re-dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be nice to have a doable puzzle. The dreaming was very complicated!

      Delete
  3. Good to hear from you this morning. You may be feeling slow but not as low as Mon/Tuesday! You're sounding almost chipper!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting there! Now I'm looking for quotes on fridges.

      Delete
  4. I'm so pleased you are feeling better. It's also good to know you are leaving the weaving and letting yourself heal. I know how strong the urge to make is for you. Your front porch is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the urge is there! But I'd like to be wiser.

      Delete
  5. Happy 1/2 Birthday! Hope you're feeling better by the hour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty. It's taking its time, but I'm getting better.

      Delete
  6. Those front garden views are beautiful - some nice shapes and textures, and good contrasts. As for weird dreams - you are not alone with those, and imaginery places which seem vividly recalled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The places are funny. I have favorites, visit them in different weather.

      Delete
  7. Good you are taking it easy to regain feeling better
    I did the puzzle. It is a kind and eaSy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great clue. It's nice to come across a puzzle that you can enjoy guessing.

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear your stomach is behaving itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , I am too! Such a relief to get feeling human again.

      Delete
  9. I am so happy you are improving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes I Sip Soup - if I add Salt it makes me Sick ….however I’m glad to hear you’re on the mend now. Even if it is ever So Slowly.
    Those are lovely soft views you have. Does each owner tend their own or is there a gardener for the complex?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's slow but that's fine, there's no rush! I'll talk about the outside today.

      Delete
  11. Glad to hear you sounding so much better, Liz. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's interesting that readers can spot the rising energy level in writing and the activities talked about.

      Delete
  12. I very rarely remember my dreams which I suppose might be a good thing overall. Of course maybe I'm missing out in all sorts of excitement by not remembering.
    Very glad to know that you're on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a recent development for me. Usually they've evaporated before I'm awake.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!