Friday, June 23, 2023

Jam batchette, Nature vs Man, puzzling

 Yesterday I made a tiny batch of strawberry jam, just about a dozen large strawberries




In the bowl is the foam I skimmed off, cook's privilege, with a sugar cookie. Afternoon tea in June.

Today's cleaners' day, and after I left them a bunch of lavender along with their payment, I came to the library, great destination in pouring rain.

I did a bit of the public jigsaw


That bit

And noticed this


If anyone has any and would like me to donate for you, get in touch, and I'll be glad to. Elexexadamsatyahoodotcom. The donations Rose made are very well used, really popular.

This month's Library gallery exhibit, caught it just in time, is an interesting concept, created by three local camera club members.

A lot of lights and reflections, but I did my best









This one shows a 200. year old tree which fell on an equally old house. The  roof was so sturdily built it survived and was repaired. So I guess Nature and builder were a draw that time.
 

These are just my favorite choices. One of them, the barn, looked great for Magpie's Mumblings, for a quilted artwork. And I thought of AC, and wondered if these would appeal. There were a couple of fally-down houses for Mary.

Happy day everyone. Pouring here and I saw a huge beautiful merle collie, trotting by, marvelous coat. In the rain. I'll bet he's rolling about on the rugs at home now, drying off and shedding up a storm. Too bad humans dry off less dramatically!

Going home soon to a lovely clean house soon, wheee!

 




21 comments:

  1. I do love the idea of a public jigsaw, and indeed, a jigsaw library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice summer tea! I guess 'they don't build them like they used to' is proven in that photo of house and tree. Enjoy the clean house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More to come on that house. Watch this space.

      Delete
  3. Always something going on at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you know I DO love a fally down house. Nature certainly takes those back into its bosom.
    What a lovely treat to be able to go home to a clean house! One of these days I'm going to make an effort to find someone to come and clean mine. It will make my life so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Do it! Especially find someone with a nice atmosphere around them like my lovely cleaning family.

      Delete
  5. Local strawberries aren’t ripe here yet. We’re been eating homemade rhubarb jam though. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade anything is better than store bought, even the niche brands.

      Delete
  6. Old houses have charm, and a sadness when they are left to rot. Abandoned busses give me the creeps. I don't know why that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like pictures of abandoned interiors, same reason.

      Delete
  7. Dilapidating things interest many photographers, and barns too whether they be in good repair or not, but better in not, I think. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen you doing buildings as much as natural phenomena.

      Delete
  8. I really have to start my London puzzle. It'll be a toughie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember that Holmes-Tallman House! It's just a few miles south of where I used to live in East Brunswick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh - you had it right! That barn certainly does catch my eye. It's a rather unusual design. Do you happen to know the photographer?
    I like old vehicles too, but for some reason buses don't do anything for me. Trucks, cars and tractors are great though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know which person took that one. There were several participants. But Wayne was running the exhibit, so you could follow up with him. His card indicates: Wayne @BuiltWorldPhoto.com

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!