Thursday, June 1, 2023

Warping, White rabbits and Flaming June

 White rabbits, June is here



And Pride Month, ally signing in here


Yesterday's warping done, hoping I did the right number of warp strands this time 


Today I'll start threading the heddle

And fast food from leftovers




 Curried cod and broccoli, bound with an egg, in pita bread.  I bless the day I discovered wholewheat pita pockets.

Later today Misfits box arrives, but they were out of onions. Onions. Unheard of shortage.  Now I'm wondering how to manage. I may have to, horror, shop locally in person.  I've got used to the universe putting my groceries on my step now. 

Happy day everyone,  I hope you 'know your onions.  Also that the puzzle answer is

OBNOXIOUS 

We had a lot of fun with the clues to this one.


Billy the Pup wishes us all a good day 



20 comments:

  1. Lord. How can it be June already? I love the dog roses and honeysuckle. And of course the mama bird feeding her babies.
    And yes! Happy Pride Month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy is so adorable, I hope there's videos.
    Your food skills are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm not getting any complaints about the food!

      Delete
  3. Yay Pride! The cod and broccoli pitas sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The currying is the best part. Makes it interesting. Happy month, Steve!

      Delete
  4. Or...Gary can get you onions so you still have delivery to your door? I am also am ally. Good idea with the lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, he would. And he'd refuse payment. So I don't ask.

      Delete
  5. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a shortage of onions.
    Maybe I’ll think about planting some this spring. Wintertime I grow leeks and I’ve got plenty of those growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is unusual here, too. I'll reorder next week.

      Delete
  6. Our town will have the ceremonial raising of the pride flag next week. We will miss it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The groceries coming to your door is a lovely 21st century perk! Wish we could do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to get them delivered in the 1960s from the local grocery in Madison Wisconsin. It's like old times!

      Delete
  8. White rabbit, white rabbit to you. I no longer cook, so onions are not my worry. Getting on with weaving, that's the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the black cat in his perky rainbow bowtie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grocery delivery was a thing of the past here and lately I've noticed that one of the stores is bringing it back (the store, of course, that has the absolute highest prices and we don't shop there). We still do curbside pick up at the store we do like and I can't see us going back to in-store shopping anytime soon. Sometimes it's a big puzzle why certain things that should be staples aren't available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were plenty of onions locally, so I think it was just the Misfits suppliers, not a general lack.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!