Friday, June 30, 2023

My tiny life, strike back, and eat well!

Yesterday's Misfits box included  freebie oat milk, which I suppose is good for people who can't drink cow's milk. I can, but I'll try it anyway.


Along with wonderful summer food, so much fresh produce, not a lot of cooking this week. I think it's going to be more assembling than cooking.

Except for processing like zesting and chunking those lemons. They're heavy, so probably juicy.

And the last couple of days have been like this

So I'm currently cribb'd and confin'd in the house,  because I'm old enough to need caution, dangit. Local wise parents kept kids in, too, I noticed, no basketball going on out back.

So, amid terrible SCOTUS decisions, the good ones serving to butter us up before the truly wicked ones came down, I make my tiny life meaningful with making

And here's a great idea I'm planning on applying today

To these newly arrived shoes, comfortable but the color not as nice (!)  as shown online 

And enjoying a beautiful breakfast 

And using this space to have my say, in the words of people more eloquent than your humble old blogger lady




Happy day everyone, especially to the  many of us whose rights are up for grabs. I've got your back!




23 comments:

  1. "Equality requires acknowledgement of inequality" -- precisely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just keeps coming. We are a devolving society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There may come a time (waaaay in the future) when we don't need to acknowledge the rights of al lthe minorities that are infringed upon by the patriarchal white majority. So even though the principle may be right, the timing is wrong wrong wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white patriarchy is in fact a minority.

      Delete
  4. Debra's quote is right on.
    Whose rights hasn't the Supreme Court ruled against recently? Oh yeah. That would be straight white men.
    Your Misfits box looks especially nice this week. NICE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Justice Sotomayor's opinion, which I quoted. Straight white males are a protected minority.

      Delete
    2. White males comprise 30% of the US population . Subtract gay males, and you're left with a clear minority being protected and catered to.

      Delete
  5. I couldn’t agree more with Justice Sotomayor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have, in my 75 years, not seen so many people who can no longer claim they don't know about racism in American, and the World. Cat out of the bag, and it will never beyond my lifetime, go back in. We are in the time in history where racism is on the decline. It may not always feel like it, but I believe it is. Every transition to a better society will have a sifting out the bad before settling in with the better. Not seeing so many confederate flags is a sign of the times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's hope there's a better future, as of today, I feel as if there's nowhere to go but up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes from the 1790s are interesting. And I agree with Salty above -- sometimes it seems like we're backsliding but overall I think we're moving forward. The arc of the universe bends toward justice, as MLK said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MLK liked to quote from Theodore Parker, abolitionist, Unitarian minister and transcendentalist, early 19th century. He originated the quotation about the moral arc of the universe.
      I fervently hope it's true.

      Delete
  9. once again this court has overturned established law. the elite whites got their way. (I wrote this comment this morning but obviously failed to publish!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When SCOTUS does this kind of destruction, it makes me wonder why Congress passes laws, if six bought clowns can jettison them

      Delete
  10. Oat milk is very sweet I find. It’s nice though and perfect for making oatmeal for breakfast
    The shoes look very comfy.
    I hope and pray that one day we get human rights for all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about oatmeal. I must try it.

      Delete
  11. Thank you for coining "making my tiny life meaningful with making" for us, or something very like that (it's a long way back up to check my memory!). It's all I have left, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sigh, it is still smoky here. We were hoping for a break today, but we’ve just closed up for the day. TG neither of us have breathing issues.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The air quality here has been dismal too and I hate not being able to have the windows open now that it's finally gotten warm enough. Looking forward to seeing the evolution of those shoes into something artistic and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!