Sunday, June 18, 2023

Seeing stars, puzzles and

 Early morning on the deck after lovely rain, and there are stars everywhere



Just looking closely, everything's a marvel


Lemon balm 


The opened seed pods on the sage, with a few last seeds to go


The butterfly bush, last year a seedling, now near the top of the fence, summer shade to come

And a mystery. What's this giant? In a container of mixed zinnias and others


I thought at first a rogue potato, because they crop (!) up all over when you mix and reuse potting soil. But I think it's a flower. Gardener blogistas please come in.

I made a pot of chicken soup yesterday, last of the chicken which blessedly provided simple food when I was reintroducing food to my battered system. I was so glad I'd roasted it before, and made spaghetti to go with, next stage. I have a lot to thank that little chicken for, and I did.

Lunches are looking like this


Romaine, cilantro, carrots, chicken, grated parmesan, seasalt.  No dressing, that way you can taste the ingredients.

Puzzle corner, here's the finally completed jigsaw puzzle, interrupted by last week's events


 I like the black lab.

And this recent puzzle

Some fassssst responsessssss, adding an s at the front.

Here's the latest, either it's obvious or you stare in disbelief. I did both


Happy day everyone. Happy Father's Day if you celebrate, happy Sunday anyway.




26 comments:

  1. Love that jigsaw puzzle picture. Also, I got those two word puzzles right away, yay! A blogging buddy had a great post today on an art retrospective by fibre artist Sheila Hicks that I think you might enjoy --

    https://movingwithmitchell.com/2023/06/18/hicksup-sheila-hicks/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I think I should sign up, after seeing a lot of their comments on other blogs.

      Delete
  2. Hi Boud, glad to read that you have recovered as I have been away from blog reading for a week or so and playing catch-up this weekend. As many bloggers have been posting daily or close to it, it's not possible to comment on every post, so apologies to you and them. You are so right in saying that everything is a marvel if only we take the time to look closer as you always do.

    Glad the chicken proved so useful in many delicious ways and the appliance issues were sorted out as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries about commenting everywhere! Thanks for catching up.

      Delete
  3. What eyes you had this morning to pick out all those nature stars! An early morning on the patio sounds like a great way to start the day.

    I vote for rogue potato.

    It was a crooked path to get to the answer of the new puzzle - I too stared at it for quite a while.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's a potato it had better go to a new home. Sneaky clue there!

      Delete
  4. After rain, the whole world looks a marvel, especially in those places where there is usually lack of rain. Your food looks good and fulfilling. You seem to know exactly what's good for you, and that is a real blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't lack rain at the moment. I don't think I could live happily in a dry climate. Trial and error and a long life show a person what's good for them!

      Delete
  5. Definitely a potato! You were right to begin with. And it probably will make a flower!
    It is a just-rained-last-night morning here too. Everything is shiny and new looking and the locusts and birds are telling us all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all the votes are in and the potato goes.

      Delete
  6. I think you're right. I think it's a potato.

    Glad Debra gave you the link to Mitchell's post about Sheila Hicks. I thought of you immediately when I read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen pictures of her work before. What a towering artist. And now I'm following Mitchell.

      Delete
  7. Your garden is going great.
    The puzzle picture is so very relaxing and homie.
    I’m missing home

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you look at the world and share your observations with us. It makes me look at things a little differently which is a good thing.
    Like you I was confused and then BAM it hit me between the eyes. Like Zandra Rhodes' eyebrows from way back when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great clue, and thanks for the nice words.

      Delete
  9. Today for the first time I saw the answer to last week's puzzle--before your very sibilant clue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! When an answer comes like that I usually wonder why I hadn't seen it before!

      Delete
  10. Just about back to full health it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two puzzles I can do! The shapes in nature are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like potato to me. I only ever use Paul Newman's Own oil and vinegar salad dressing. helps lubricate the greens but doesn't hide any of the flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was going to vote for potato too so it's good to know that I actually was right. Nice puzzle - must have been fun to work on, despite all the 'upheaval' in the midst of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I was doing better when I could tolerate puzzling!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!