Tuesday, March 10, 2026

Tuesday. Full day. Hot too.

Today's Tuesday Knitting Group had two new wonderful members, one knitting a resistance hat, one washcloths for a homeless shelter.  The yarn for the hat was donated in another library by a non knitter who bought quantities and is giving them to knitters for the hats, ahead of No Kings day in a couple of weeks. 

One new member is a musician involved in opera and recitals on piano, with an established member who's an opera singer. 

The other is in medical tech. High powered group we have here!



Here's the inside of a muff, all the yarn spun dyed and knitted by the maker 


Here's the outside of the muff being modeled 

Toad's swimsuit, current spiral sock and teddy bear being repaired 

He got new paw pads. 

Convo ranged over resistance, newsletters, comment period to CDC, visualizing, AI, larping, cosplay, food insecurity, the Greek middle voice, children's opera, early music, and much more. 

Home, in 80+ degree f sunshine, to a pot of tea, and Textiles and Tea with Margery Erickson, dyer and weaver, who creates yard goods for her clothing design.

 







She sells her patterns for the animal and nature motifs, and teaches on various looms, and she's a lot of fun to be around.

I had the last of the baguette, toasted with a boiled egg. I definitely have to make them again, wonderful crust.

Happy day everyone, mine certainly was.




38 comments:

  1. It is nice to find joy in these times. I found it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Among like minded fiber people, there's plenty of joy!

      Delete
  2. That's how to get past the angst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely helps. You're managing pretty well, or so it looks to this internet friend.

      Delete
  3. 80+ degrees? HOLY COW! Did you have whiplash?

    Your knitting group is talented in many ways! Plus a good Textiles & Tea. Now for Rest-up Wednesday! Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing to have to dress for heat. This afternoon I'm being interviewed by my teenage neighbor for a project on aging or something.

      Delete
  4. That must be a Scottish teddy bear, och aye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His facial expression was very disapproving!

      Delete
  5. That muff looks like it has a nice snug fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's energising to spend time with a disparate group of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This group is certainly that, aside from our interest in fiber arts.

      Delete
  7. Your sunshine has come over to Southern England this morning. It's lovely outside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, Debra! I immediately wanted to ask which clan that tartan was from. Love the colors of the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love your Tuesdays! It's always such fun to hear about the knitter's group and the conversations. I'm actually a bit surprised that you haven't been making resistence hats.
    ...and 80 degrees?!!!! I'm trying very hard not to hate you right now as I look outside and see freezing rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of people are making the hats, so I continue with my Sock n Glove ministry knitting.

      Delete
  10. Foggy and misty here this morning, but will clear later. And temperatures in the upper eighties. We get a slight reprieve tomorrow with possible rain and a dip back into the seventies for highs. I'll take it. I always try to store up all the coolness I can although it never works at all.
    People still use muffs? How does that work? You can't use your hands when wearing them. I always think of sleigh-riding women using them.
    I've been meaning to make your baguettes all week but have been unusually busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The muff maker had one as a little girl, fur trimmed and wanted to relive it. She uses it, great for walking, which she does a lot, and it works like a purse, too.
      You'll be glad when you get around to the baguettes. They're so good, also easy. I'm amazed, considering what they cost at the bakery.

      Delete
  11. Did you post a link for your baguettes? Did I miss it? Because they sound delicious.
    Amazing knitters. My mum would have enjoyed a group like that.
    That weaving is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I know of her, she'd have fitted right in, too.

      Delete
  12. Never mind about the recipe. I scrolled back and found it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mother's daughter -- find out for yourself, it's quicker than waiting!

      Delete
  13. We almost got to 70º yesterday. Snow piles are melting. Ice filling the rivers. Spring returns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great. I'm sneezing and itching, which confirms the season change.

      Delete
  14. What a wonderful group and such lovely work. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think maybe your knitting group should stage a coup, take over the White House. You'd do a better job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's certainly more expertise and intelligence!

      Delete
  16. We had rain mixed with snow for a while this morning but just rain now. Snow maybe this weekend. I had to ask my volunteer group this morning to please not discuss politics because we have a couple trumpers who just spout the lies and won't listen to the rest of us. If we want to work together, it's best if we just stick to other topics as politics just makes us all angry at each other without making anything better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a difficult situation, but if your volunteer work isn't related, better to steer clear, I agree. Otherwise your time's wasted.

      Delete
  17. What a great group to treasure that always lifts your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You do have some very interesting people in your group.
    Too bad your a tad too far for me to join lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds like you have a fabulous group -- and they are making some really beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theres a core of regulars then other people come occasionally. It works well.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!