Misfits was a morning delivery today, Haleem, and the usual little spark of joy when the pink van arrives.
Quite small shop this week, because I'm shopping in the freezer better. Plenty of vegetables set up, prepped and frozen.
So here's cans for the food pantry. I've taken to buying the diced tomatoes with no salt added, seems better. And when there's a chance of a freebie, here the black beans, that gets added to the food pantry donation.
Bread flour to continue the baguette improvement caper, Bananaz because shakes, slices, bread, all purpose starch really. Beautiful free range eggs and you can tell from the sturdy shells, firm yolks and general egginess. Brown sugar, all they had, usually I make it by adding molasses to cane sugar. Vital yogurt, which is also providing useful freezer containers. One loaf of lazy lady bread, while the baguette research lab work is done.
I may make tofu today, too. I have dipping sauce left from the tuna fritters, which I can use. And I'll rummage about in the freezer for accompanying vegs.
The ice block and flattened box are going to Gary each week until further notice.
Today I may get to drink tea on the deck, yay! Warm this afternoon. I've still got layers, but fewer, feeling a bit cautious after freezing mornings recently.
And I have located myself in that half done sock. It's ready to start the toe, I find. So I'm hopeful that there's enough yarn to do a second sock.
It's interesting to figure out what the first knitter did, in a pattern with three versions depending on yarn weight and several more depending on size. Especially when more than one number is circled in each category. I guess she knitted this before. But I shall prevail. Or collaborate.
Happy day everyone, breathe, and things become clear(er).








Enjoy your tea on the deck! Too cold here for that, alas.
ReplyDeleteIt's going to get cold again, so I'm seizing the chance.
DeleteI use King Arthur flour. Sounds like life is under control a Chez Boud. We are also having a warming spell.
ReplyDeleteI also like Bob's Red mill products. The warm is so welcome. Yesterday winter coat and warm scarf. Today straw hat.
DeleteEveryday life is enjoyable, which we often don't appreciate until it isn't everyday. Enjoy your time in the sunshine.
ReplyDeleteI agree, good to realize when we're enjoying, not just be distracted and missing it.
DeleteYou sound upbeat and on top of things. This is always good to see and hear.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I feel so much better, got a walk today, so all's good.
DeleteI'm thinking of you enjoying your deck and tea. I've all the windows open to fresh air and sunshine mixed with clouds.
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely to be able to open windows at last. For now. Cold will return.
DeleteTea on the deck sounds pretty heavenly to me. At least we're currently getting rain and not snow so things are looking up - maybe.
ReplyDeleteJust did our online grocery order and have added a few extra cans and other things to increase our pantry a little bit more.
It was nice on the deck, and I seem to have fallen asleep too, warm and little breezes.
DeleteWarm here now 70° F but it's supposed to be a high of 43°F tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteUsual crazy March weather for Illinois. You sure know how to stretch your food and get the most out of what you buy.
Yes, our temps are up and down, too. I like to get most use from food, especially now the prices are up.
DeleteI wonder if one day there will be a food delivery service I can use when I can no longer drive. I suppose it may be the daughter who lives close by. Glad you have one to count on to bring your food.
ReplyDeleteMisfits is nationwide. Check whether they deliver where you live. You might be just fine.
DeleteYour boxes are so much fun. We need to start shopping our freezer, I have been stashing a lot of odds and ends.
ReplyDeleteI find it's easy to get into saving and storing mode and I have to remember to get into using mode, too
DeleteTea on the deck. Hard to believe given how inter still has us by the throat.
ReplyDeleteIt's now and then, until the season makes up its mind
DeleteI would never be able to work out knitting that someone else left half done.
ReplyDeleteI've done it before, for a friend whose sister died leaving socks for her half finished. You just breathe and keep calm and keep counting.
DeleteYour so good adding to the food pantry every week I’m looking forward to seeing the finished socks
ReplyDeleteOne sock finished, so as long as the yarn holds out, I'll get there.
DeleteSummery weather here, too...and now there's a summer storm.
ReplyDeleteHere too, rain. But not a storm, just a quiet rain.
DeleteTea on the deck sounds like heaven. Everyone is out and enjoying here. Temps in the 70s and sunny. Enjoy your day and your Lazy Lady bread. I took it at first as a brand name.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it would do well with name that disses the buyer! But around here I think it's cheating to buy bread. Yesterday was lovely. Then rain swept in and the flowers are happier than the people.
DeleteI agree about the name. It shook me for a moment.
DeleteHope you got to enjoy your tea on the deck.
ReplyDeleteI did. Today wouldn't work, cold and rainy.
DeleteWe're in the sweet spot with weather here. Not too hot during the day, cools down nicely at night. This old Florida house is good at keeping the cool in during the day if we don't open up too many doors and windows but I do love the hallway doors open.
ReplyDeleteI was going through my freezer the other day and found some lovely shrimp I'd packaged in small meal sizes. I'd completely forgot they were in there! Last night I made a pasta with lots of vegetables and the shrimp. Very good.
That sounds like a meal I'd like. Shrimp and pasta are good company.
DeleteLast week I enjoyed a couple of days warm enough to sit on the patio for a sandwich and coffee, not a chance this week - cold and windy, and rain today
ReplyDeleteDitto here!
DeleteYesterday I was able to have the windows open for most of the afternoon. Rain was rolling in and the wind was blowing through the curtains and it was wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI love open windows and breezes blowing through. I have opposing windows so I can get a cross draft. I left the bedroom windows open last night, so good.
Delete