Today's activity, already done, though my Moc is always active on LGBT+ issues, do my comment was just a thank you.
I got responses from DEP and the HOA on the dead goose, so I think they're all on it and I've done my part. I also posted on Spoutible to alert members in the region.
I don't plan on walking up there today, heavy rain, so I'll leave it to the ptb to do their job.
And for the people north of us who were glumly looking at snow and ice while I was loafing on the deck in the sunshine, here's now
Snow and sleet
Turning in a few minutes to
Rameer is up today, for Misfits, they tell me. It's a miserable day for delivery driving, rain all day, then snow.
And here's this week's harvest. The two containers of baby bellas, favorite mushroom, wiped and sliced, made a dozen containers for the freezer, in amounts each right for one recipe.
Envy apples again, they're really good, next week it's those tiny ones again. Panko because I bread a lot of stuff, including the special treat shrimp you see here. Raisins this week because dried cranberries were too $$, beautiful yellow potatoes which I'll parboil ready for roasted dice, couple of cans for the food pantry, most recent donation large, so a bit less this week.
One container of blueberries because I have all those strawberries in the freezer. Fruit shakes are a thing at the moment chez Boud. Spring mix great for instant salad, and tuna for tuna melt with some of the cheese supply I always seem to have. A single loaf because baguettes are happening tomorrow.
My food plans. I did order milk powder online. That and tea are pretty much all I order other than from Misfits, and I seem to do fine.
The Interview With a Crone went well, though A's eyes stood out a time or two at some of the information I gave her. I think she hadn't realized her neighbor was a Crone of All Trades, and had done a thing or two.
At one point she asked a question about "your life up to now" and I loved her for it. She indicated I'm still going! Often young people tend to assume older people have stopped doing anything, just waiting quietly for the end! Not surprising considering I was already old when my 16 year old interviewer was born, but she didn't go there.
It was a good session, across cultures and ages and experiences, very glad to be invited.
Happy day everyone, be glad if you don't have a delivery shift, getting wet then snowed on every few minutes all day. I'm going to send special thanks to Rameer, still doing a good job in miserable weather.
Lucky us, warm and dry sez Ted and Big Ursy and Pony.












What an excellent idea to have teens interview olds (as my cousins called my mum and their mum). I didn't really think about older people having lives, and certainly not my parents, even though they were older when I was born.
ReplyDeleteI have three tattoos one on my hip and two on my buttocks and I supposed that will cause a bit of a stir when some young nurse turns me over to change my diaper. Or not.
I made your baguettes today, quite tasty.
It's snowing here today and I'm done with it.
Funny about the tats! I'm glad you made the baguettes. Tomorrow I'll make a batch.
DeleteBless Rameer and bless that enlightened, intelligent teenaged interviewer. That sounds like fun. I love your feast photos.
ReplyDeleteNice people in my life lately. The misfits array is always good. I love handling the produce.
Delete"Interview With A Crone," hahahahaha! Perhaps a series of novels is forthcoming?
ReplyDeleteShe's very civic minded -- it's part of a community effort to foster understanding between generations. Or something.
DeleteI love your interview. And your Misfits. Everything looks so delicious.
ReplyDeleteThe groceries always do. Amazing that they're surplus!
DeleteIt sounds like you gave her lots to think about.
ReplyDeleteI can’t believe your getting more snow. I think it’s time winter came downunder and summer can visit the north I’m over the heat and want short days and warm fires
It's only March. We can get snow into April, but every year we hope we don't.
DeleteGood on you for entertaining an interview with a teen. Some don't get the intergenerational contact and can be well surprised by the revelations when some windows are opened on a long and busy lufe.
ReplyDeleteHer grandparents are in India and she doesn't speak Hindi, so though she's met them, I doubt if she knows much about their lives. And I doubt if her grandmothers ever worked in the workplace, different culture.
DeleteYou and your interviewer both gained from the interview. I don't envy delivery people - it can be a thankless task.
ReplyDeleteAll I can do for the drivers is tip and send friendly thanks. But it's not much.
DeleteMy grandsons are always asking me questions about the "olden days". They wonder about so many things and we have a good chuckle about it sometimes.
ReplyDeleteBlack and white TV shows were confusing to them...
When my son was younger he once said it must have been fun to live in the 60s, all the music and flowers and dancing. I pointed out the other side -- assassinations, Newark fires, near civil war, the civil rights struggles. He'd got his info from brainless summer of love stuff, probably recounted by people who were kids then. I was an adult with a home and family to protect, it hit differently.
DeleteWe escaped most of the freezing rain but other areas certainly got dumped on. Hopefully your latest rotten weather is short-lived and you're back to sitting on the deck.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that the interview went well and I'd be willing to bet you opened her eyes to the value of 'Crones'. Too bad there weren't more dialogues like that.
The deck is a future hope. A bit chilly still, but it will happen. The interview was fun, yes.
DeleteSounds like your interviewer was fairly enlightened in some ways. I love the notion that her time spent with you will be of value to her for the rest of her life and that is really something to be proud of. You are a village elder and as such, to be respected for the knowledge you have accrued over a lifetime of accomplishments and learning, doing and sharing.
ReplyDeleteThere. That's what I have to say today.
The thing is that I don't feel wise or old! But it was fun to reminisce for her benefit.
DeleteWhen is the book The Interview With a Crone coming out? Delivery people do not have an easy job.
ReplyDeleteI wonder about the publication date! Meanwhile she has post production to do on the lengthy interview!
DeleteWell, that's not very promising weather. In like a lion, as they say...
ReplyDelete"Interview With a Crone" is a fabulous project title.
Maybe you'll write it as an epistolary novel in your upcoming retirement!
DeleteWhen I was a teenager, I went to a school that had PEP (personal enrichment program) every Wednesday afternoon, and you would get to choose a sport, skill or new hobby - I did car maintenance one term - for a term each. It was organised by the school and one term each year you had to choose a community service, which was generally visiting a nursing home, retirement complex or selected older person. One year I visited this one older lady and she had no idea what to do with a 14 year old stranger in her space, so I got her to talk about her life while she offered very weak tea and her "special biscuits" which the darling bought in the first week in anticipation of my visit and the same ones were on the plate every week. This dumb 14 year old was on an eternal diet, but she knew the value of eating one of her biscuits each week (yes, they did get stale by the end - but they were special and only for me, apparently)
ReplyDeleteShe sounds sweet, if a little out of her depth. You were nice to accept a snack, against your teenage inclination! What an enlightened school, with those opportunities. Auto mechanics was a cool choice, too.
ReplyDeleteYour groceries always look so good.
ReplyDeleteGlad you surprised your 16-year-old interviewer. :)
It was funny to see her continued surprise. I think she thought I'd never done anything, older generation probably housewife etc thinking.
DeleteAny work outside the home I mean.
ReplyDelete