After the Misfits sorting and various irruptions from Gary on a range of topics, I had the first real walk since the coughing thing struck my energy.
On the way to the pond I met a friend checking her patio where she grows all kinds of vegetables and herbs and I got up to date on her plans. Also her tiny Yorkie, Dobby, who insisted on being picked up and played with. He's even smaller than his predecessor. No pictures, she's not into pictures.
Then on to the pond, where the first frog of spring leaped into the water when I got near. All's thawed now and ready for action. I marvel that this walk which was out of reach when I was struggling with Helen Hip, is now just a nice walk with Hippolyta. And walking again helps with the other sciatic things.
I think this is shepherd's purse, which grows freely here. One of my neighbors picks it but I'm concerned about spraying so I pick only whatever shows up on the patio.
Then home to take care of Handsome Son's decluttering via Freecycle. All this has either gone already or is scheduled for this afternoon.
And finally Tea On The Deck. TOTD.
No foliage on the trees yet, and it's such a good time when it's warm enough to be out but the mosquitoes haven't geared up yet.
We spent the evening texting back and forth trying to get into a shared website based on my condo ownership, but which he has to use for some payments, too complicated to explain. But usually it works fine.
This time it resisted all our attempts to use current information to get in, who knows. I wonder if they retire passwords that haven't been used for a while. This one is set up as a recurring event, no need to access the site unless something different is needed. Which it suddenly is. Anyway I ended up changing the password and now we can both get in. But it took a lot of back and forth.
And I finished Sock One. This yarn is dark so it's best worked on in daylight.
So here's the plan. I'll work the second sock and if I run out of yarn, I'll finish the toe in a contrasting color, then unravel the first sock back to the same place and knit in the new yarn. Then it will be a pair in spite of itself. And interesting toes are good.
Tomorrow is No Kings, and I'm taking part again in a virtual event, not being up for crowds. Still time to sign up
There's her website.
Happy day everyone. Do things your way! Sez Ted and Big Ursy and Pony















You have green grass and can sit outside, lovely. I'm glad you're able to get out walking.
ReplyDeleteIt's such an improvement on indoors.
DeleteI hope the No Kings march is well attended and makes an impact on the POTUS, though I don't think he notices what he doesn't care to notice.
ReplyDeleteIt's the rest of the administration we want to intimidate. And I want to encourage my MOCs who are doing great work, and the judiciary which continues to stand in the gap for us.
DeleteSpring looks like it's coming along very nicely in your neck of the woods.
ReplyDeleteIt's back and forth but definitely moving on a bit.
DeleteMega recycling event! All those heaps ready to go. I do like a proper tea tray....
ReplyDeleteI love my tea trays. This yellow tin one is a favorite, small enough to carry outside without tripping.
DeleteYou are quite the hippster.
ReplyDeleteHippolyta waves graciously.
DeleteMy sister and I are signed up for the protest tomorrow. I'm glad it will be a sunny day. How nice that you got out for a walk. That blue sky looks terrific!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ellen! You're a faithful resister. Please thank your sister from me,too.
DeleteHow wonderful to be able to go for your walks again! Good luck with the protest
ReplyDeleteThe last virtual protest was very well attended. In fact it was zoombombed a sure sign we were having an effect.
DeleteSo glad Hippolyta is performing well and that you can check all the activity at the pond. TOTD certainly won't be happening here for awhile, although they are promising possible double-digit temps next week. Had to pick up our groceries today and I nearly froze - there was a bitter wind despite it being sunny (and lulled us into a false sense of it being warm).
ReplyDeleteThat treacherous sunshine getting you ready to feel warm until the wind cuts through. You must have been glad to get home and warm.
DeleteWhat a lovely tea time on the deck...I envy you your walk. Hope to be able to do some soon myself. Yay for all the events planned for "No Kings." It's important for communities to know they are together in their resistance.
ReplyDeleteI hope your walking comes along soon. It's a good feeling.
DeleteHippolyta has been a wonder that takes constant commitment from you. Good going! I love Dobby for his name alone (and I’m not a fan of toy Yorkies). Hoping this No Kings is even bigger and more effective than the previous.
ReplyDeleteI find Yorkies a bit barky and fussy, but Dobby is very pretty and good natured. Yes, any joint replacement needs continual attention to fitness, because the body's old. But the rewards are dazzling.
DeleteI was actually going to suggest that you stop knitting at the toes, and then start the other sock. I don’t like unraveling so I would do anything to avoid it.
ReplyDeleteSounds like spring has finally sprung for you. I hope it doesn’t prove to be a false start.
I usually do anything to avoid unraveling but I think this is a special case.
DeleteI think the day will be huge in St. Paul. Bruce Springsteen and Bernie Sanders will be there. I so good to know you can now walk comfortably. You have a lovely place to walk.
ReplyDeleteI like Bruce, jerseyboy, to be there. The other feller typically runs out in front of a successful action and claims it was his idea. Vermont, come claim your boy.
DeleteI've been so glad on every walk that I had the hip replaced. It's nearly a year of great movement.
Your deck is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteOn our little trip I read most of Alexandra Fuller's "Don't Let's Go To The Dogs Tonight" which is about an English couple who moved to Africa and made their home there, raising their two daughters. It is rather amazing book. But one of the things we found most interesting was how often tea was mentioned. The kettle was always steaming.
The best dog I ever had, I ever MET, was our Yorkie Poo, Queenie. She was the most even-tempered, sensible, smart, funny, loving dog you can imagine. I still mourn her death and you know I'm not really a dog person.
I think Fuller wrote several books, which I read. Yes, tea was a thread through their lives, no matter where they lived.
DeleteQueenie sounds like a Good Dog
Tea outdoors and such nice china - what a treat to self.
ReplyDeleteToday it's 40°f colder. Sunny but no deck time.
Delete