White rabbits!
Here's the latest Knitting Ministry sock to date, the spiral showing nicely now.
Last night after a day of anxiety and displacement activity, knitting, walking -- almost normal distance now -- exercise at home, cooking, bit of cleaning -- bottom oven drawer, took it out, cleaned, swept under, put it back-- I decided I needed a frozen dessert.
So I mashed two bananas, half cup of peach chunks in their syrup, vanilla, whole milk, I mixed but didn't blend because I wanted the peach chunks chunky , then froze in a glass dish. Very good too. Urgent self care.
There was a very nice spot in the SJB newsletter -- the place I send the knitted gloves and socks to
Happy day, everyone, if you can manage it. Stressful times. Sez Ted and Big Ursy and Pony










Nice blue skies where you are.
ReplyDeleteIt's a great lift to a person's spirits.
Deletedid my comment post?
ReplyDeleteLove those spiral socks❤️!
I've never thought of freezing in a glass dish
It's tempered glass, that's important. Otherwise you might get breakage. But I don't need to explain COE to a potter, do I, sorry!
Delete😎😄❤️
DeleteNow that’s a recipe that doesn’t scare me away. I just need to buy more bananas. I’ve never seen that knit spiral. I love it.
ReplyDeleteIt's a clever but simple stitch pattern, very effective. Also it's comfortable to wear -- the spiral doesn't work like a ridge, just looks like one. Two bananas, ripe, will make that dessert. Also other fruit and milk. The bananas are what make a nice texture, not a block of ice.
DeleteGood morning. Snowy and cold at the moment, but I haven’t checked the forecast for the day.
ReplyDeleteMore snow here this morning, moan, sigh.
DeleteSorry to hear you're having stressful times. That new spiral sock is fab, and how nice to get a shout-out in the Knitting Ministry newsletter!
ReplyDeleteThe lunatic attack on Iran triggered displacement activity galore. The knitting ministry folks are clever at keeping a person encouraged!
DeletePretty sock. Can socks be pretty? Yes, why not!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely why not.
DeleteThe sky has turned blue here again today and my displacement activity will be yanking unwanted plants from the ground.
ReplyDeleteWell-deserved shout-out, you excellent knitter!
Well, the earth will benefit from your anxiety.
DeleteOh! And we have had many flocks of robins come in and eat and rest and fly away again. They make a racket, plowing through the magnolia leaves.
ReplyDeleteThe robin song was welcome after a winter of shouting bluejays.
DeleteI made a spiral sock pattern once (not the same one I think) but found the socks always felt sort of crooked on my legs - like having a twist in one's nylons, to those who may remember that sensation. Since your pattern is comfortable, I'm guessing my issue was that I knit very tightly and on tiny needles, so the fabric may have been less stretchy and accomodating than yours? I dunno. Whatever works!
ReplyDeleteAnd I look forward to your new surcoat!
I knit slack, so it works for these socks, pretty relaxed fabric. A tighter knit wouldn't work quite as well. I don't make them very long though, just a couple of inches above the ankle, same reason -- less area to twist around.
DeleteOh, how nice to be recognized for your good work! Well done!
ReplyDeleteI didn't recognize many of the plants on yesterday's post about plants you need to get rid of. I just don't know the name of most of the plants that are growing around me. If it's green and flowering, I usually like it!
Yet again my reply published then vanished. I think you're seeing plants as most people do, liking them and not getting in a fuss. Me, I can get up a head of steam about beautiful murderers such as wisteria and loosestrife!
DeleteI just don't know anything about such things. You have such a nice wide variety of knowledge!
DeleteThe other day when the sun was out my yard was full of Robbins. We have good worms under the grass. Now it's dark and rainy and they have gone elsewhere. I sure love your knitting. Your peach treat looks good too. Have a nice day.
ReplyDeleteWe have year round robins and migrating ones, and they seem to get along. But the summer ones always seem to arrive too early, when there's a big snow cover.
DeleteStressful times indeed.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to see that blue sky there, backing a tree full of berries and robins! Congrats on your knitting recognition.
That little shoutout happens now and then. They know how to keep me going! And it's very nice that even after five years, they're not taking it for granted.
DeleteCodex: At least they acknowledged it. We "rage cleaned" in response to world events.
ReplyDeleteLove those blues skies!
ReplyDeleteI seem to have lost a comment from someone asking about my picture size. If you want it bigger, click on it. For me that takes it to full screen.
ReplyDeleteThat was me. You need to click on the photo while you are still in posting mode. A box will open on the top or bottom of photo and you can place the photo to left, middle or right and then there's a picture with pull down arrow where you can select the size. You can also add a caption by clicking on the underlined A. Hope this helps.
DeleteThank you, I'm familiar with the procedure at my end! Did you click to enlarge at your end?
DeleteThose socks look great. The pattern would work beautifully on the “ knit two socks at one time “ method.
ReplyDeleteI’ll have to try and find it.
It's a simple setup once the math is set up. In this case, 57 stitches, k 6, p 2, throughout, to the toe, when it's stocking stitch and a shaped toe. It's nice to knit.
DeleteI loved that for a stressful day you walked and knitted. Being kind to yourself is so important.
ReplyDeleteCathy
Yes, it's important to keep up your spirits.
DeleteI love those socks! And the sound of that self-care pudding.
ReplyDeleteThe socks are coming along. As is the frozen treat..
DeleteThe frozen treat looked delicious, Boud. Homemade is the best!
ReplyDeleteIt really beats buying $$ ice cream in smaller and smaller containers. And I know what's in it.
DeleteI think I might try that spiral sock and see if I can make them for the grandies. I'll just have to consult different patterns to see how many to cast on to begin for the different sizes.
ReplyDeleteWow - the snow is disappearing fast (at least it looks to be in your photos).
You can do the math for any size, but be sure there's an odd number of stitches to make the spiral work.
Delete