Sunday, August 22, 2021

Water update

 Also known as why I'm staying home today.

All the roads I would use, including alternates, are closed. Fast flowing creeks too. 

Here's my neighborhood, as of a few minutes ago. 

On the left a lake where I see all kinds of fishing birds, on my way to the library

This is the corner made famous by the War of the Worlds broadcast. The creek water in front is usually several feet lower. And not usually whitecaps.

Here's the nearest point to me with official pix



It's a  nearby street I used to live on, where I had a big vegetable garden. Drowned today, I guess.

This being a town with terrific alluvial plain drainage, flooding will subside soon. Meanwhile nobody's goin' nowhere. Everyone I know is home safe and dry. Very grateful for that.



10 comments:

  1. I hope it will drain soon, that's a lot of water. So crazy, all that water on the East coast and none here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had 8" if rain overnight. My son just messaged me to say he had to move his car to higher ground.

      Delete
  2. Wow, glad there is good drainage! Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it drains soon. Many more hours of rain forecast.

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of water! Very glad to know that there's good drainage particularly if there's more rain coming your way. Good days to stay home, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update. I hope you stay safe and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of rain in that storm. I hope everyone stays safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last night I dreamed that camellias were blooming in August. But only the yellow and white ones! (There are no yellow camellias as far as I know.) In my dream I thought- "climate change".
    We are seeing it everywhere, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lotta water! I use a road that passes between two ponds. It used to say Road may flood in heavy rain. That was 30 years ago. Now it says Road floods during rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!