Tuesday, January 13, 2026

Update on legislation and bathtubs

The bills in the NJ state legislature I mentioned got  swiftly through the Assembly and Senate and will be law as soon as Gov Murphy signs, which he will.

Here's the doings

So far, so good. 

On the bathtub front here's breaking news. 

Michael the artist friend contractor, came over Monday afternoon, remembered our conversation from years ago and was willing to get the kit, study all the videos -- he's thorough -- fix it, match and replace the few broken tiles, repaint the bathroom and recaulk  the tub. 

Solving a whole lot of problems at once. Even with materials and labor,  this is going to be affordable, yay. I told him no hurry, fit it in where he can, I have another bathroom anyway.

We also had a good catchup of news since before the holidays. All good. 

Happy day everyone, and try to do all the things! Or get someone else to..





44 comments:

  1. "Or get someone else to". Yep, my motto now. Well, from a thought, that has no doubt been in the back of your mind, to action. That's quick.

    Generally, I like that our Federal Government has more power over our State Governments than as is in the US, especially with environmental powers. However, when the (insert understatement) Federal Government goes wrong, your states can do quite a lot to stop the excesses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do tend to decide then act, rather than agonize. Works for me. At this time in the US, a lot depends on the rights of states to pass their own legislation, and the blue states are gearing up for a fight.

      Delete
  2. Great news on the bathtub front indeed. And in the legislature! Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone needs a Michael. (I married one!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather hire one! The married state not suiting me at all.

      Delete
  4. Hope the legislation goes through. These ICE raids have become worse, so violent; so sad. Good news on the bathroom. When we had ours redone 2 years ago, we only had the one bathroom; so choose to have the work done while we were away. Problem with that was the guy made a 2 wk job last 2 months and still wasn't completely done when we got back. Many of our friends had used him, liked him; and felt comfortable with his working in the house without being there. Good luck with your project.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like someone who needed a bit of pressure to keep going! My contractor is a self starter, always works steadily, never stops to attend other jobs in the middle.

      Delete
  5. That is good and necessary legislation. And great news on the bathtub reno front!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leg took tons of pressure and activism, but here we are, yay! The bathtub required waiting till someone created and manufactured the kits. Years!

      Delete
  6. I look forward to seeing the step-in conversion for your tub! Unfortunately it wouldn't work for my situation, as my tub is built into a cabinet. Trying to get a shower back into my house is an ongoing head-scratcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds logistically difficult. It's years since I found I had trouble getting out of a tub, and had to move to showering. I hope you can figure something out.

      Delete
  7. Good for your legislature passing those bills. Here in NH the legislature and governor are Republican but our Congressional delegation is all Democrat. Big problem with legislature is failure to fund schools sufficiently despite two state supreme court rulings saying amount must increase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even imagine what it's like to live in a blue (not insane) state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken a lot of work and activism to get to this point. And there are large red counties continuously trying to undermine. But overall, yes, good.

      Delete
  9. I am glad to hear of the NJ legal attempts to curb those who don't follow the law. Hope there will be repercussions against ICE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Certainly there are police departments and sheriffs already cancelling contracts with ice.

      Delete
  10. Woohooooooo on the tube. I get that about studying through videos. Can be so helpful. This is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. It's nice to report it too, amid the gloom.

      Delete
  12. Good news on both fronts! I'm going to be very interested in the tub re-do (despite not being allowed to do it ourselves).

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great news post. I can't wait to see the bathroom finished. Have a very nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it. That bathroom has needed painting for years, but one thing and another.. anyway it looks as if we have a solution to several issues at once.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. He'd love a trip to Spain. Knowing hin, he'd study Spanish first.

      Delete
  15. A bathroom make over can feel like a whole new life. Happy new bathroom!
    I bought plastic disposable tub liners to try out as the tub is not all that inviting. Made in China, the use instructions are in Chinese. đŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoo hoo! I love it when a plan comes together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't often happen smoothly, but great when it does.

      Delete
  17. As I said in the comment section of another blog, our country turns 250 this year, and what do we have to show for it? A thugocracy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the culture I came from, that's no time at all. We've only just begun.

      Delete
  18. That Bill Package seems a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about the best around. I'm glad it has a lot of support.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!