This morning, MLK day brought fresh snow and views.
Knitting is going ahead and I have a plan for when I run out of this yarn, to finish the cowl.
And one more thing: Gov Murphy has not yet signed the Immigrant Protection bills, and time is of the essence. A service for MLK Day of Service.
I texted pressing him to sign before Tuesday's deadline. Anyone may do this. That's why I'm blogging early, for people in other time zones to take part.
We're only one small state but the bills are significant for everyone.
Text 1-732-605-5455. Thank you.
Now I'm taking the day off!








Enjoy your day off:)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Snoopy. I'll send a text.
ReplyDeleteThank you on both counts.
ReplyDeleteNo snow here but we did wake up to frost on the ground.
ReplyDeleteThat just not right.
DeleteI've had a nice indoor day too - except for a walk with Husband as we have no snow.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to get out a bit but it's too hazardous, maybe slippery. There's been black ice.
DeleteWe woke up to more snow too! I am sure we have already passed our total winter snow for the last two years. I am so lucky I don't have to leave my house.
ReplyDeleteThank you for all you do!
I feel so lucky I can stay home. I look invited a friend over today. Tea and banana bread. She's only a block away so it's an easy trip.
DeleteDefinitely no snow here - I only get to enjoy it through others pictures.
ReplyDeleteI'm just as happy without it, after admiring it for a while.
DeleteYou have a lot of snow. The knitting is beautiful. Have a very nice day.
ReplyDeleteQuite a bit fell overnight.
DeleteI hope the bill progresses.
ReplyDeleteDeadline is near
DeleteThat knitting looks a little bit like a flag of Estonia. But that was just a quick search. There may be others more similar.
ReplyDeleteI hadn't thought of flags, interesting observation.
DeleteA day of sunshine here and warmish temps (60-ish). It doesn’t look magical like your place, but it’ll do.
ReplyDeleteI'd swap magical for warmish just now.
DeleteDone. I asked Gov. Murphy to set an example for the rest of us.
ReplyDeleteSend snow our way, please. The view out your window is beautiful, especially if you don't have to set foot outside :-)
Chris from Boise
Thank you for the text. Yes, it was beautiful this morning, and snow no longer means work on the car!
Deletenice patterned yarn - you are amassing quite a collection of flags for countries and cultures, minorities and others whom the US administration has determined to offend or prey upon.
ReplyDeleteI thought the same thing. I wonder if I can find a collage?! It's getting lengthy. But I'm learning some flags I didn't know in better times.
DeleteIt’s a lovely view, but definitely a day to stay inside and relax.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a big fan of snow other than admiring it from indoors
DeleteYou don't hear much about that bill here. I hope it was signed and passed. Loving the knitting. And yes, cold here too!
ReplyDeleteIt's a state group of bills but significant beyond the state. I need to see if he signed.
DeleteI was listening to this program today and thought you might like it.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-23-ideas
Thank you, I'll check it out.
DeleteThe world would be a better place if everyone did as Snoopy.
ReplyDeleteWise dog, snoopy.
DeleteWe received a notice last night that the town bus is refusing to come down into our apartment complex because the snow hasn't been cleared properly. Obviosly the building management got a new company and they're not doing the job - not surprising because no doubt they're getting what they pay for. There's a one-way trail through and you have to check that nothing is coming and then make a mad dash. I'm so done with winter.
ReplyDeleteHope your gov does the right thing and doesn't bow to intimidation.
I didn't know you had a bus. Not much use if it can't get through though.
DeleteI don't think the new gov is easily intimidated. Ex military! But we'll see.