I repaired four of the pillows, which didn't seem to need stitching until you noticed your finger sliding into a place where the patches were coming apart.
The epp medallion on the yellow silk pillow was almost falling off. I think maybe played with as visitors sat with it on their laps. I wonder why people do this with pillows? I do it to raise up what I'm doing and save my neck from strain now that it's fixed again.
Pillows done, I made a layered baked dinner. Layer one last of the roast cabbage, layer two last parboiled potato, diced, layer three last of the (diced) tomatoes. Dessert last of the (diced) peaches. Dices feature regularly around here, lazy eater just using a fork. Maybe Monday I'll go wild and have cod, not diced.
Irony alert, which will amuse Minnesota blogistas. Sunday our recreation department had scheduled a winter fest. Cancelled because of weather. Snow. Folks, it's January, it's NJ, winter fests take place in winter. Three inches of snow is shorts weather to some.
I've now read all the Ruth Galloways, so sad. But I've found a nice series set in Yorkshire, with a cool self doubting detective police officer, Inspector Blades
This is Book Two, several more to go. It's set in the early twentieth century after WW1, social changes, demobbed shell shocked soldiers, women bobbing their hair, daringly going out alone. Plenty of murder possibilities.
Happy day everyone. If you can manage it. Do it for Martin.





I don't like cushions where I am sitting, and so I would put it aside somewhere, rather than nurse the cushion. Perhaps I've lost my maternal instincts.
ReplyDeleteI think it's usually men who don't like pillows. Hm.
DeleteA winter fest canceled because of snow. You can’t make this stuff up.
ReplyDeleteOne of my friends a few years ago had a Swiss skiing holiday stopped because so much snow, they couldn't get to the resort.
DeleteGlad you've found a good new mystery series to read!
ReplyDeleteSo am I. There are a lot of not very good ones out there.
DeleteSorry about Ruth, pleased about Blades.
ReplyDeleteI went through a bit of withdrawal when I realized there were no more Ruths. And she's said she won't write more, now into other series.
DeleteI made braised cabbage recently. It was so good, zi could eat it every day. I will cook it again this week.
ReplyDeleteThere's such a lot on a head of cabbage that I don't buy it very often, but this recipe was good.
DeleteI do pillows everywhere...sit on them, have them at my back...it makes things more comfortable (especially since they vary in thickness and size.) I must admit the ones that are 30+ years old should probably be tossed out!
ReplyDeleteThat age limit would affect quite a few of mine.
DeleteI really miss Ruth Galloway. It was a terrific series with such wonderful characters.
ReplyDeleteI read it all out of order, as I was able to get the books. It was still good, even with spoilers.
DeleteCanceling a winter fest because of snow (and not much of it at that) makes one wonder doesn't it.
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain about reading an entire series and wishing for more.
ICE has been locally active, and I wonder if it was a precaution against bringing people into danger. Sad thought.
DeleteI'm about to finish listening to one of the dreariest books I've ever had the not-pleasure to be involved with. I've kept on with it because it is well-written but I'll be so glad to return it. I've already got an Agatha Raisin book lined up to listen to next and it should be a lighter relief.
ReplyDeleteLayered dinners are a fine thing.
You sound like my uncle George, eating a dinner he didn't like: this is awful, I'll be glad when I've had enough!
DeleteThat's me!
DeleteThat's funny, cancelling a winter festival because, basically it's winter! Maybe it's because of ICE. I do hope they are enjoying themselves as we are in double digit subzero weather, I think -20 on Wednesday. Wonder how those Texans will like that? I've been listening to the Inspector Gamache Series by Louise Penny. I like it.
ReplyDeleteI suspect there's fear of ICE. They were grabbing people in Princeton last week. I'm hoping Minnesota weather helps defeat the softy Proud Boys.
DeleteI'm not a big Penny fan, but I have devoted friends.
You captured lovely shots of the snow on the trees. It is like that here today too.
ReplyDelete