Friday's walk was mild, and loud with birdsong, and Happy New Year to the concrete rabbit. I wonder if his hearing is affected by ear loss.
I'm allergic to (eating) oranges, and these look like the windfalls Sally Pointer used for bergamot boxes, so I figured they're worth a shot. Anyway they came home with me. Watch this space for potential boxes.
At home I saw this van in my former parking spot, and took a picture because it reminded me of vague ideas about getting one of my bathtubs converted into a walk in shower.
They were working next door and I may ask, if it was about renovating, if they liked the work. I notice the van refers to bathroom renovation, rather than plumbing repairs.
Right now I have no problem stepping into the bathtub to shower, and don't need to sit. But that day may come. I do have that sliding bench thing I used after surgery, but I wonder if renovation might be good. Aside from the $$$$ involved.
Anyway shortly after that, Gary came dashing in to find out if I had a plumbing emergency, was I okay. Not my house, I explained, not my monkeys. He had a couple of good suggestions about bathroom contractors but agreed about the $$$$ side.
Today's cooking involved peanut butter granola bars, breakfast for a few days.
And I was looking at one of those handy hack videos and here's one I never noticed
I never realized those openings are measuring devices for pasta. I thought they were drainage. I must try this.
And one thing you really need to avoid, in online shopping, is clicking the wrong tiny box on your screen.
Years ago I was trying to order one bottle of malt vinegar, my favorite, and instead got a lifetime supply of single serve packets of same. I gave quite a few to the food pantry, but still have more than enough.
I like malt vinegar on roast potatoes with chicken, so I'm frequently reminded about this ordering miss. And wonder if I have a malt vinegar SABLE. Supply Available Beyond Lifetime Expectancy. This usually applies to yarn.
Happy day everyone, there's worse things than too much vinegar.









Ooh, the malt vinegar mishap. Glad you were able to give it to the food pantry. Those little packets would drive me crazy. I remember reading someone’s blog post about a beautiful, handmade rug they ordered for their living room at a surprisingly affordable price. The rug was for a doll’s house. Peanut butter granola bars sound and look delicious for breakfast.
ReplyDeleteOrdering is such a trap for user error! Those miniature items are funny, and it's easy not to notice the size. I like the little packets because they're exactly the amount I want on my roast potatoes. I can't tear here though. I have to cut.
DeleteThose peanut butter granola bars look great for breakfast.
ReplyDeleteI'm admittedly a vinegar freak. There's never too much vinegar. Someone said comments aren't working on blogger. We'll see....... Jon
Comments are working here, right now anyway. I love vinegar, except for balsamic. That's not for me.
DeleteWe've made similar ordering mistakes -- Dave often orders a bag of chips only to find, when it arrives, that it's a tiny, single-serving bag and not a regular sized one.
ReplyDeleteThat might be better than ordering a crate of chips!
DeleteArctic Plumbing. Interesting name!
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, somehow! Especially the graphic with the water.
DeleteI have a friend in a lot of joint pain who is looking for a contractor to convert her tub to a walk-in stall instead. $$$$ is right. I feel bad for her. Plus she has a lot of stairs in her house.
ReplyDeleteAny conversion seems pricey. She might consider a stairglide for her stairs. That's my plan if I can't manage stairs.
DeleteI never use it, but recipes sometimes call for hot sauce. So I ordered a bottle, and received a huge one. Gave it away to a family which still might have it!
ReplyDeleteMy son gave me a huge bottle of it. Haven't used it yet!
DeleteWe had a bar installed in the shower a few years ago. I try not to use it, but it is there if needed.
ReplyDeleteLiquor in the shower? New one on me.
DeleteThe bathroom Glen's rebuilding at his cabin will definitely have a walk-in shower as is the one he built when he redid his bathroom here. It is time.
ReplyDeleteOkay- here's a great household hint. Those pasta strainers? They make the very, very best backscratchers. So good that it's worth it to buy one and dedicate only to backscratching. You can pick one up at a thrift store for a buck.
In his situation I should think falling is a real hazard, so a walk-in is a good idea. When I got my hip kit before the joint replacement, it came with a back scratcher! Evidently they saw it as vital.
DeleteThat's so funny!
DeleteI enjoy that vinegar taste on things. Do you ever enjoy apple cider vinegar? I will be at some point making my own because the store stuff near me is suckin' muchin' these days.
ReplyDeleteThe idea of a shower that doesn't need to be climbed into has always been my fave kind at any age. Just love those.
I love malt vinegar best but I do use apple cider vinegar in dipping sauces. I have to consider most badly I need the shower renovated. I have a slide chair that avoids that climbing.
DeleteI typed how, and it changed to most. Hm.
Delete❤️
DeleteI look forward to what you will do with the oranges. Your peanut butter granola bars look good to me.
ReplyDeleteStay tuned for bergamot boxes! These granola bars had honey instead of molasses, much lighter taste. Still good.
ReplyDeleteYour mind is always going! I never even think of half of the things you think about and you find clever ways to use everything it seems!
ReplyDeleteI sometimes wish it would take a rest.
DeleteI would love a new bathroom with a walk in shower. The measuring for the spaghetti is always right on for me.
ReplyDeleteI think the obstacle about the bathroom redo may be $$$$. What a surprise.
DeleteI must remember to use that spaghetti strainer as designed.
How is Gary doing lately, if you can say? I know you said he wasn’t 100% healthy, and it seems like perhaps you’ve been mentioning him less. I hope he’s doing alright.
ReplyDeleteHe was over yesterday, doing fine. I see him much less in winter usually. And he's very engrossed with the house he's building.
DeleteGlad he’s doing fine! Ah, much less bustin’ in during winter? Ha. Good that he has something constructive to keep him busy.
DeleteMy friend and her husband had one of those walk-in showers installed and she told me it was over $20,000 which I thought was highway robbery. She said that they were able to get a prescription from their doctor for it and that brought the cost down quite a lot, but they still had to pay the money up front. I don't know if you have that option?
ReplyDeleteI don't think an rx would have any effect on the price, but that's very pricey.
DeletePeanut butter/granola bars sound fabulous. I'm with you on a walk-in shower. I'm lucky to have one here.
ReplyDeleteRead on, MacDuff!
Delete