The plowing not having happened a lot -- I suspect crews are afraid to come to work, neighbors are digging out today. I just get to watch.
No dog in this fight, nor car in this lot.
The lighted plow was out before dawn. I was up early and noticed I'd had the last breakfast bar today, so I baked a batch.
I plan to knit or crochet buttons for the cowl, and crochet a band with openings for them to fit through.
Here's the crocheted buttons in progress. Chain 15, work back, roll up, stitch, done.
And defluff the cotton seeds.
Meanwhile I'm rereading
I love Mary Wesley's detached style, and reread her when I can. I used to have a collection of paperbacks but gave them away when the print mysteriously went small.
Happy day everyone, let's do what we said we would to resist, and support our sisters and brothers in Minnesota who are doing the heavy lifting.
Right now we're all Minnesotans sez Ted and Big Ursy














Indeed she said...yes. Looking forward to the cowl details.
ReplyDeleteI remember the days of having to dig my car out. SO long ago. And I’m glad.
ReplyDeleteOn days like this aren't you glad you don't have a car?!
ReplyDeleteAren't you pleased you don't have to deal with a car in the snow? Do you have snow only or is ice under that snow? My mom was a Minnesotan. I still have family living there. I can't say anything about ICE without using a great deal of profanity so I'll refrain.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
Glad you are safe and warm. This too shall pass.
ReplyDeleteThose snow pictures remind me of the first third of my life in North Dakota. Never again.
ReplyDeleteNow That's what you call a Lot of Snow!
ReplyDeletePrayers for Minnesota.
ReplyDeleteI love the crochet buttons... another thing to investigate.
I love pre-dawn baking. It's sooo peaceful. Nice that you don't have to shovel yourself out. That's WONDERFUL.
ReplyDeleteThe print on all my books went mysteriously small too!
ReplyDeleteLove the crocheted buttons. The snow? Well, it's pretty enough if you don't have to deal with it on a personal level.
ReplyDeleteWay too much snow for me. Oh I love pre dawn baking. Makes the house so warm and cozy. The crocheted button are fabulous. Stay warm over there.
ReplyDeleteLuckily, we have not had so much snow. Can't wait to see your finished cowl!
ReplyDeleteI still have a bit of a cough and some fatigue but am much better. Thanks for checking! :)
We all stand with Minnesota and Maine. Would you believe ICE called their efforts there The Daily Catch?
ReplyDeleteToo much snow! Stay warm and safe indoors.
ReplyDeleteWe listen to the news with growing horror. Is the tide turning or just reinforcing?
This really brings me back to living in East Brunswick. Your parking area looks like ours did sixteen years ago!
ReplyDeletehttps://shadowsteve.blogspot.com/2010/02/post-blizzard.html
I can only imagine that sort of snow - we have to pay to travel and see snow like that! Question about the cowl - I know of them as necklines in dressmaking - is the one you are making like a dickie type thing or something else?
ReplyDeleteJeanie, it's a kind of circular scarf. Stay tuned for pictures.
DeleteThe white rabbit would get lost in all that snow. I remember almost every month to say the name. This month I might have done it twice. 🥴
ReplyDeleteMsy
What a great idea for buttons. I’m definitely putting heat into my remember basket.
ReplyDeleteOr better I’ll write it down Memory it’s what it used to be.
And as for the print. That did the exact same thing to me.
Honestly they don’t make printers like they used to hehe
It looks like the kind of day for baking, crafts and reading. My kind of day!
ReplyDeleteThe only good snow is the kind that you can stand inside and look at it without having to experience it firsthand. We are thanking the universe that our area escaped the massive snow that fell in Toronto and down into the US. We got a few inches but at least it wasn't a few feet!
ReplyDelete