Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Knitting group, Textiles and Tea, and photo ID

The inspection happened, to my astonishment at 9 am! The window being 8:30 - 3:00. I was over at the condo early, eyes half open, I don't do mornings very well, brief chat with handsome son as he left for work, and before I got organized, the inspector came, very nice guy, checked the bracket elbows or whatever, said wow, they even polished them, slapped on two approved stickers and left.

This gave me back my day, so I loafed then lunched then made it to the knitting group, yay.

Here's some of the output


This scarf M spun from rare breed roving, then knitted


And here's an almost finished shawl


Some Tunisian crochet, in progress and a finished piece

Chat ranged over teaching music to adults, rare breed yarn, learning languages, lace knitting, craft material exchanges, Portugal, Indian embroidery, gold thread, and color theory.

Home to a great episode of Textiles and Tea, with a scholar in classical history who's a textile artist, has raised her own angora rabbits to spin their fur, crochets, knits, weaves, and is one of the wisest teachers I ever heard. 

She uses fiber arts for healing and joining people together, and is an amazing person, happy and honest and brilliant. One of my pictures is a screenshot of chat where her books and others are listed, in case you want to know more









She's worth learning more about.

Happy day, everyone, and hasn't this happened to some of us?






21 comments:

  1. Thanks for always sharing so much beauty. And, yes, that scene from the border crossing happens to me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so old that my ancient photo still looks like a generic old dear! I like to share lovely things with this group, so appreciative.

      Delete
  2. It's a relief the inspection was satisfactory and a bonus that it was accomplished early in the day. I hate those 'hanging around waiting' days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a good day after all. My tenant put out a chair and pillow on the deck in case I wanted to sit out, and I wasn't there long enough to use it!

      Delete
  3. The inspection was early and easy, and the rest of your day was its usual productive self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a treat. Often days don't go as hoped.

      Delete
  4. Glad it worked out so early and well with the inspection, Boud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would call that a 'woo hoo' day! Three good things are definitely woohoo-ing about in my books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, weren't you the lucky one to be first on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray for inspectors who get things done quickly!
    I really love that shawl.
    I look so different than my driver's license picture that I don't even recognize myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what's the point of pictures. Most people don't resemble them so much

      Delete
  8. Your day may have started out too early but it sure finished with a flourish! I don't think it would be believed my photo is me. She had me remove my glasses and took the photo as I was setting them down. Let's just say it is not the best photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get that, taking off your glasses. Most people look so different without them.

      Delete
  9. I'm so glad you got to the knitting group! I think you were stuck inside last week by the weather, if I remember correctly? Those rabbits are amazing. I don't think I've ever seen an angora rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last Tuesday was the first inspection! Friday was weather. Poor me!
      Rabbit fur is so soft it has to be spun with other fibers. Very warm though.

      Delete
  10. Glad you passed! A bit early to be up and about but, as you say, you got the day back then.

    ReplyDelete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered! Anonymous commenters: enter your name in your text if you want your comment published.