Monday, July 29, 2024

Reaction setting in

Here's the empty cup from the hibiscus blossom 

I feel like this today. Maybe reaction after all the recent relief and excitement.

So I walked, not too hot, catching this new view of the debated plant 


It's now about two feet tall, and I thought evening primrose opened in the evening, but this is mid morning.  I think this may be blogistas 1, Boud 0. 

And here's my cure for feeling low.


When I can get there, yesterday too tired, but a few minutes, with leaping frogs and turtles swimming, is a great natural remedy.

And on the way home, a greeting from Billy the Pup, licking my phone 


Then backing up to get her picture taken, looking Big and Fierce 


Happy day everyone, and for the etymologists among us 



And, another reason to love her, she's a legit great cook, here making stuffed dosas with Mindy Kaling










24 comments:

  1. I kinda like the licking image. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. And the satisfied look in the next pic!

      Delete
  2. Frogs and turtles would brighten my day too, Boud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so unconcerned about anything but what they're busy with.

      Delete
  3. Frogs and turtles will do it for me every time. Kamala too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the hibiscus just naturally fell out, and wasn't eaten by anyone. No clue on the little yellow flowers. Yes, sitting or walking next to water is healing (at least for me.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's lying in a crumpled little heap. Water is helpful, with reflections and all the movement of animals and insects.

      Delete
  5. Always good to get out for a walk. I'm told (by Google) that evening primrose flowers open in the evening and remain open until mid-morning the following day. Maybe that's what's going on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might explain it exactly. It would account for the furled petals.

      Delete
  6. Just catching up. It looks a bit large to be trefoil? So many pretty blooms at this time of year. I love the small print on the umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For once I read the instructions, good. The refund has been processed

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Doesn't it sound like a literal minded bureaucrat's take?

      Delete
  8. Lol very clever ummmm brella
    Yes nature is very good at healing our tired soul. I’m glad you have somewhere you can connect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a tiny place but full of life and movement.

      Delete
  9. The umbrella is a great dad joke, that won't even get a grin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, um-brella, HA. Harris is a woman of all seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's finally a real human being candidate, after Joe.

      Delete
  11. Even the 'empty cup' from the hibiscus is beautiful. Glad you were able to get out for a nice walk and that you came home with a clean phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billy is good that way. No crumbs left on the screen.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered! Anonymous commenters: enter your name in your text if you want your comment published.