Monday, June 28, 2021

Just grumbling. But there's the horoscope..

It's been hot and humid here. Like a lot of other places. This evening before going to check the mail and do some recycling, I checked the weather, as you do. Feels like 99, huh? I've been feeling like 99 for ages. The sun's down and it still feels like 99.


And after getting those few tasks done, looked ahead






That bright hot pink (!) area? I live right there in the middle of it. 

But there's always the horoscope. Today is about the best flowers to buy for your sign


I like horoscopes because they're not full of Ten Ways You're Ruining Your Life type of writing. The Five Mistakes Older Women Make in Fashion, Thirty one Foods You Should Never Eat. And so on.

Instead horoscopes tend to be encouraging and optimistic. I read them for practically every sign, just to cover everyone I know. 

There was a move a few years ago to reorganize the horoscope listing, dumping Sagittarius and moving other signs up to fill in, except for a couple of weeks assigned to something unpronounceable. I haven't heard anything about it lately. I felt really unnerved about it. It felt personal.

But then, us Sags don't believe in astrology.

14 comments:

  1. That hot weather is a real pain isn't it? We've had a couple of weeks of 90s and up and now we're having several days of rain and of course high humidity! I hope things cool off for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blistering heat will be the norm I fear. Extremes of every kind on the horizon now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats this about Sagittarius? My husband is one so does that mean he'll disappear in a puff of smoke? We had a huge storm last night and right now it's lovely and cool about 24C/75F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well he's okay as long as you don't turn him in to the horoscope police.

      Later in the week we're supposed to have storms, good.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, I remember that short-lived horoscope controversy! Boy, it disappeared off the radar pretty quick, didn't it? Good thing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they picked the wrong sign to mess with..

      Delete
  5. Please be careful- that's all I can say. And may the heat break soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I'm careful. Not doing any sudden moves. Waiting to shop till the heat abates.

      Delete
  6. We've also been experiencing a hotter than normal June. Days in the upper 90's and not cooling down much at night - ugh. I like to read my horoscope for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I could pick out my own horoscope if I didn't know my sign. Or maybe I could pick one I like better.

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear that you're also in a hot spot. Glad you're taking it easy. Your next post (chai biscuits and musings) sounds kind of like we're feeling too - coping with "weather blech". Hope the heat breaks soon!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you've been suffering the heat like so many others. It's been 'warm' here but not as hot as other places. Just listening to our family from BC and hearing the temps out there - scary stuff - and, what's worse, most people out there don't have a/c.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The PNW is so used to cool wet weather, their houses are built with that expectation. So sorry for their predicament. At least I have central air.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!