Monday, June 28, 2021

And the heat goes on..

As we always say, very predictably, it's not the heat -- finish the sentence! Ninety percent humidity in the middle of the night is no picnic. Even the ants are too tired to carry away crumbs.

However I still get hungry, and here's a three day lunch supply of steamed broccoli and butternut squash over garlic flavored couscous. 

Less than fifteen minutes on the top of the stove. Good for not heating the kitchen. 

And here's lunch with a glass of the sun tea I made yesterday.  Nut of Irish butter on the food. Bit of Thai basil on top.

Turns out the inferior tea I got the refund on makes a fine sun tea. So there's that. Lemon wedges in the carafe.

Meanwhile waiting for a couple of deliveries. I checked the tracking system.

To translate: both packages arrived at the depot about ten minutes' drive from here in the middle of the night. Then they traveled to about twenty minutes drive from here.

Whereupon they were gathered up and swooped west, across the Delaware river, into Pennsylvania, across state lines, where they were left, about an hour and a half away.

From there they will come back by stages to my front step, ten minutes from their original in-state starting point two days ago.

This is from the department of Don't Ask Me, I Only Work Here.

I'm very sorry for the drivers leaping in and out of trucks today.


12 comments:

  1. Somehow these delivery systems manage to work but I really do not understand exactly how. I sure hope those driver/deliverers get paid something at least near what they're worth. They work crazy hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a delivery driver leave a big box in the dirt which got wet and was nasty for me to get in the door. Could have been left on the concrete instead. Hope yours arrives with no problems. Your lunch sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fir the most part deliveries are put on the step out of the rain if it's stormy. That part usually works fine. Unless it's FedEx. I think people hate working there.

      Delete
  3. Amazon deliveries! *shakes head sadly* I recently had a bad experience with an Amazon delivery, followed almost immediately by a good one. It's SO hit and miss with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so true. Today despite hellish heat, parcels both arrived in good order put, not thrown, on the step. I plan on a nice note when they ask me to rate delivery.

      Delete
  4. The routing of packages is close to comedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help wondering if someone's having a lot of fun with us.

      Delete
  5. And we wonder why the globe is warming when a simple drive takes the long route.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorta sounds like air routes - wrong direction to get where it will end up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the same reasons. Regional hubs, supposedly streamlining loading.

      Delete
  7. Hearing about your parcel coming the scenic route reminded me of the Christmas parcel we sent to our family in BC a couple of years ago. It traveled the width of the country and then half way back, more than once. Took it over a month to hop on and off various planes back and forth, revisiting some places three times, before it finally made it to the destination - a day before Christmas. Last time we'll send a Christmas parcel Canada Post, we're using a courier now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that saga, and your reporting on the various sightings. I was surprised it eventually got there at all.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!