Thursday, May 27, 2021

Second chances and a finish

Bug alert, caution. Don't say I didn't warn you. First cicada of the season on my deck. They're out. 

About half a mile away but pretty loud. Not deafening this time around. I guess there are thousands rather than the millions that emerged right over our heads last time and caused me temporary deafness, no joke.


A short life, but a merry one.


And here's the second blossom of the white iris, coming on bravely. Maybe even the third one will get there, too.

And finally the Serious Old Party finally gets the Mitered Squares jacket stitched up and tried on. 

Like a real photo shoot, modeling a Very Warm Jacket Suitable for Fall and Winter on a broiling hot late May day. Model stressed out.



 
Looks like yoga stretches 


And here it is. Still needs to be pressed, but I think this will be fun to wear, if we can get the model cheered up.

Now I can get on to my seasonal skirt.










 


10 comments:

  1. I love the Mitered Squares jacket! It will be perfect this Fall and will give you a reason to look forward to cooler weather. I haven't heard the cicadas yet but the last time I mowed the grass I think I saw one coming up in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be cheerful on cold grey days!

      Delete
  2. You did a beautiful job with the jacket! It is a glorious work of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I'll add patch pockets.

      Delete
  3. The jacket turned out great! So lovely and colourful. And fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, fun is the operative word nowadays for me and clothes.

      Delete
  4. Well, I hesitate to mention that your jacket would be very welcome here today. Woke up to (wait for it) snow this morning. You look great modeling your one-of-a-kind haute couture piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting cooler weather this weekend, however it will involve rain, soooo. But nit snow, ew!

      Delete
  5. Love the sweater but that cicada is ugly. Don’t have them here. yay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the jacket, especially on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!