Saturday, May 15, 2021

Statice, the return of spag sauce and why

There's a reason for the first spaghetti sauce in I dunamany months. It's comfort food. Largely because of my stressful recent events and the impending dryer, which is weighing on me all out of proportion.  


So, nice old fashioned red sauce with added tomato paste, onions, garlic, sage pesto, parmesan


And plenty of it,  over pasta whose name I forget. Any blogista who knows, please say. 

Extra hot peppers scattered over, extra parmesan grated on.  Very calming.

And it was flower time, so statice is the pick because of that saturated blue


While I was buying flowers I added in groceries including the first chicken since February 2020. I can't ask anyone to guess what I want in the way of chicken. 

It depends how it looks, how it's priced, what parts are available,  maybe I'll buy a lot if it's a good buy, all that. So I bought what is, for me, a lot of boned chicken breasts, pounded them, and roasted the lot so as to have them in the freezer for various meals. Had one with a side of pasta last night.
 
Good thing I had loaded with comfort food, because the installers failed to make the promised call yesterday to set the time. 

The appliance people had assured me they would call Friday night, when I got in touch late Friday afternoon. Nothing. Emailed asking for their number so I could reach them. First thing this morning, I have to hand it to the appliance guy, he's on it, email with number. Which I call and the voicemail box is full, it hangs up on me.

Tenant happens to have today off, promises to stay home and let them in and alert me. I don't think he should have to. He gets little time off and I expect had other plans. Irritated email to the appliance man.

Shortly after, installer calls, sets up time, apologizes for yesterday, now we're set. He sounds competent, and will call again as he leaves previous job, so I have time to get over and meet him. 

Doing better now. Hoping for an otherwise uneventful installation. I only do this once about every ten years. Just as well.

Breathing.

Yesterday there was a phishing attack I think on a number of Blogger blogs including mine. I think it's resolved now, in case you were alarmed. No, I don't do bad things on my blog, I have safeguards in place,  and if you get messages in red telling you to click for better protection, don't. They're not from me, and I wouldn't give you weird links to follow. But I expect you figured that.

I can't say it was a welcome addition to the day, though.

11 comments:

  1. I made pasta with meatballs and red sauce for Gibson last night. He loved it! I let him take home the leftovers and said, "I made it for you!" I think he liked that. I know he loved the spaghetti.
    I sure hope that damn drier gets installed and you can check that off your list of things to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely for Gibson to know you made it for him. Some of the grocery shopping was for hot sausage for meatball purposes.
      And yes, we're all up to here with the damn thing!

      Delete
  2. Hoping the dryer installation goes smoothly (and is done by the time you see this). Sometimes comfort food is just what's needed.

    Is that rigatoni? Penne?

    That statice blue - wow!

    Chris from Boise, breathing with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My local pasta advisor says rigatoni, so we can go with that.
      And yes, the dryer was done before I came in here, how did you know?

      Delete
  3. For a short time yesterday afternoon I got those red alert messages on all the blogs I tried to sign in to read. I just signed off and came back later and they were gone. I hate that there are people that do things like that!

    Enjoy your pasta - you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That alert thing has happened before and I always hope people realize it's not the blog writer doing it!

      Delete
  4. Breathing is an important activity as both you and I can attest. So glad to read in the comments that the dryer has been fixed - one less thing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now to return to various other concerns.

      Delete
  5. I think that big red wall happened to most of us. Glad you at least have your appliance installation sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed visiting blogs for a day and missed all the fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!