Sunday, May 30, 2021

Holiday Weekend. Maybe.

 So this is the current weather. Third day. 


And indoors I've been attending to the downstairs plants a bit since the ficus went out.
This spider plant used to hang in the kitchen until it grew till  I wasn't able to lift it up and down for watering. Its growth pattern was not evident when it was up high, just looked luxuriant.


But at floor level the bald center looked obvious. Soooooo here's the after picture when it gets a botanical equivalent of a hairpiece.


It looks a ton better from across the room now.  And the philodendron likes the company.


The very last little ghosts of the white iris before she went out to feed the earth. Still beautiful, that architecture.


Outside everyone's happy despite being heavily rained on.  Bottom left the peppermint appearing from apparently dead cuttings.  Middle, the chives booming, and top the yellow potatoes leaping up. These are from just peelings, never had to give up a potato. Potatoes usually hate being waterlogged, but these are rising above it.

Then the Great Indoors, and I found a new thing to learn. Turns out you can do Mitered Squares in Tunisian crochet, too. Two obsessions meet! This is going to happen.

Speaking of Mitered Squares, when will she ever stop, make her stop 


here are the pockets finished, placed, yet to be stitched on. Little turnover tops, very sharp detail :)


But cold rainy weather demands comfort food. Spaghetti and meatballs. I had the sauce in the freezer from the last outing, so this was easy. Good parmigian cheese, hot pepper flakes, bit of Colby Longhorn added to thicken the sauce.


And there it is. Enough for tomorrow, too.

And a matinee is planned today, with tea and fig cake


We're all set. 

Have a good day and a good weekend and, blogistas in the US, remember to thank the troops we're honoring for Memorial Day.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like it's going to be a perfect Memorial Day here for outdoor activities if you like your temps in the nineties.
    Suddenly I have a craving for spaghetti and meat balls. Maybe I'll make some tomorrow. Tonight is leftover chicken and dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures of food do make you fancy a bit of it yes.

      Delete
  2. Your spider plant is beautiful and I'm sure it and the philodendron will enjoy one another's company. We have rainy, cool weather here too. In fact we've had rain almost every day for over three weeks now. I don't think many people will be swimming this Memorial Day. I love the pockets for the jacket. If this weather keeps up you'll get to wear it a lot before summer sets in.

    It sounds like you've had a good weekend, at least I hope so. And yes, let's do remember to thank the troops and remember those that gave their lives for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Paddington 2" is a lot of fun! Hugh Grant really chews the scenery in it, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. I wonder if there are more, with name brand actors. I couldn't think which Hugh that was.

      Delete
  4. I can't count how many spider plants I've managed to send off into the great plant graveyard. For some reason they don't like me. Tunisian crochet - sounds like fun to do and would (I think) give a sturdier base for something like a pocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like me and avocado pits.

      If you use the Simple Stitch you get a firm fabric, almost like woven, not a lot of stretch. I'm glad I thought of it. It pays to have choices of skills. You'd pick up Tunisian crochet in about three minutes, with your skills.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!