Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Patience and waiting

Before I plunge in, I did get the radiology results yesterday after a protracted afternoon of calls because the radiology people wanted to do more testing than the rx specified, and eventually got an agreement, then mammos then another wait for ultrasound, then another wait for radiologist to study same. No waiting for results, though -- they tell you immediately what they're seeing.   

The rad doc saw something probably not a problem, one more scan in six months. No need to do anything else. Good enough. Breathing now. And thanking all the blogistas who waited along with me. This called for patience! 

I'm waiting along with someone else now, for a test, helping with the breathing. She has a few more days.  So hard to wait. It does help when friends are keeping you in mind.

And the dryer is to be delivered Saturday. Handsome Son, on being informed of both pieces of news, texted "good news on both fronts".  Which cracked me up, one being my personal front!

Meanwhile back on the windowsill.

A row of pears is a favorite art subject of mine. I've done drawings and monotypes of this kind of scene. Here I'm content with a photo showing the pears, with shadows,  ripening on the sill, looking out at the pansies and, left, a struggling little pink azalea bush fighting the pachysandra.


And I was thinking about baking pasties, then: why not a pie lid using the last of the dough? And the large bag of spinach which steamed down to a little bowlful, handful of steamed carrots, diced yellow potatoes, mushrooms sauteed in butter, onions, crumbled feta cheese.







And here's a thin crust with little fancy leaves from the scraps left over. Egg wash.


20 minutes at 400°, then edges covered with foil, 15 more minutes at 350°. You can see the lid is so thin it's transparent! 


Smells very good. This will make a couple of meals, with a salad. Wondering what to call it. Yorkshire Greek Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie. If the shepherd's a vegetarian, that is. 

Back in the studio, I added six squares to the jacket so it wouldn't be skimpy. Two of them were woven originally for pockets on the vest I spun/knitted/wove, but I changed my mind. And they're the same size as the Mitered Squares, so it was meant to be!

Couple more seams, couldn't settle to stitch long yesterday, and we're done. Since we have plenty more cool days forecast, I'll get to wear it right away.



I'm already thinking about those linen squares M gave me, and how they might work with the silk sample squares.

Always new things to try. 

20 comments:

  1. I am having one of "those" days and your news cheered me considerably. Thank you for letting us know!
    And speaking of cheerful- that jacket certainly is. I would call it a "happy" garment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was just out walking wearing the vest I spun, warm and comfortable. Also colorful! And very welcome in this bitter wind. Bright sun is deceptive.

      Delete
  2. I am so happy to hear your test results are good! I know that is a relief for you as such things weigh so heavy on our minds, don't they? I love the picture of the pears. I had a friend that made pear preserves and they were absolutely delicious! Your Vegetarian pie sure does sound and look good. Enjoy the rest of your day - it sounds busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pie was great. I think my misfits default will be soup or pie.

      Delete
  3. Dang, he stole my line! Happy for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the doctors are monitoring the situation and not rushing to judgment. Your savoury pie looks delicious! With a pear for dessert, I presume?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one advantage of keeping your records all in one place. I alerted my doctor to a similar finding years ago, they went back, studied the records and had more info to work with. The pie was great.

      Delete
  5. Great news on the medical front for you. Hope your friend’s news is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such happy news for you - many good vibes were certainly being sent your way! And I know your friend much appreciates you reciprocating in kind. Tempting morsels issuing forth from your very busy kitchen, but most of all I'm enjoying seeing the evolution of your 'Jacob' (Jacobess?) coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept falling asleep today, must be recovering from stress I suppose.I thought I'd have got the jacket stitched by now. Not long to go.

      Delete
  7. I must give that pie a try, when I get a new bag of spinach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would probably work well with the flaky pastry you use for those great fruit pies you make. The crumbled cheese is important. I think I said feta but I used blue. Feta would be fine though.

      Delete
  8. That is good news indeed. What a relief to receive the results so quickly.

    There is something so delectable about pear shapes. The taste is delectable too, but the shapes are just lovely.

    Glad to think of you warm within the colors on a chilly day!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very good about responding before you even leave the building, always a great help. Then they follow up in writing.

      Pears, at least these, have a lovely blocky shape, don't they?

      Delete
  9. The relief you feel comes through clearly, Liz. Glad you're breathing freer. And how good that you can be there for your friend. Now I'm hoping for you that the dryer gets delivered and installed without incident!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, on the dryer. That's the Next Thing!

      Delete
  10. Sorry I wasn't here to help with the waiting, Liz, but very glad to hear the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a treat to see you in here again!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!