Saturday, May 1, 2021

May Day,asparagus part two, condo part 1,354

Yesterday was mostly about asparagus and stitching up the Mitered Square jacket in knitting group.

We will draw a veil over the stitching. I was chatting and stitched a sleeve square to the back by accident. Had to unpick. Onward.

The asparagus was more successful. 

First a steamed plate of spears, with Irish butter and lemon juice sauce. Nothing else needed. Springtime on a plate.

Then a pot of cream of asparagus and dandelion greens soup. Spring tonic.



Just a bit of Old Bay, not enough to show. The flavor here is delicate. I added in the leftover lemon butter sauce, too. 

Ahead of the game in the food department.

Still very much in the good fight on the plumbing and electrical front. Friend finally managed to find a shutoff he hopes will fit, and two possible electric outlet parts, different sizes. 

So this afternoon fitted into his busy schedule, is yet another meeting at the condo to see if we can get the washer working st least. If all goes well, I can order the dryer. 

We're not yet any further on than before. The last meeting was just to let him see the shutoff to determine if it's soldered or not in place. Evidently not, so he can try replacing it and save me a big plumber's bill.

My doctor also, speaking of parts, noticed a little something and wants a special mammogram and ultrasound. I've scheduled that for earliest possible, week after next. At that point all may be changed anyway, and possibly the whole condo issue may seem comparatively trivial. We'll see. Good vibes please.

White Rabbits and May Day!


20 comments:

  1. Sending you the very best vibes for your upcoming medical tests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely good vibes - and prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many positive thoughts coming you way from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fingers and toes crossed that it's nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your doctor's extra caution will show all is well. And, if not, remember finding things early is why we have our mammos. I had breast cancer in 1999 and because I went my mammo each year, it was caught so early only a minor surgery and seven weeks of radiation were needed. Not walk in the park, but nothing really bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending good vibes and thoughts. Hopefully, it is just cautionary.
    As an aside I have some asparagus and will be following your lead on the butter and lemon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asparagus is a finger food. But by the time I'm done with the butter, it's a fork food!

      Delete
  7. I have a smile worthy story of little somethings. In 1965 my MIL went into the hospital for biopsy of a breast lump. It being 1965, medicine as different. If blood were required, she would not be charged in exchange for any donated, so I went to the hospital, Women's in Cleveland. A tiny, tiny person took my blood, and sought me out as I was leaving. "Thank you for your precious blood," she said. And MIL's biopsy was benign and she lived many happy more years. Here are good vibes for you; they don't take my blood any more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good vibes, lady, fingers crossed. I know how worrisome that kind of thing can be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just hate it when the doctor calls and says "needs another look"? Darn it - hope it proves to be nothing.

    Your asparagus looks divine. Lemon butter...mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending positive thoughts for your medical tests. Make sure your doctor is aware of when you had both of your covid shots. I've heard they can cause false positives on mammograms if done soon after the shots. That asparagus sure does look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting about the covid-19 vaccine. She's aware. The concern is about something she felt on exam. But I'll follow up that thought.

      Delete
  11. Thanks everyone for your helpful thoughts! The scan is tomorrow week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think we have any fresh local asparagus yet, too cold, most of ours seems to come from foreign parts, like Peru!
    Good luck with the scan... interesting comment about the vaccine possibility. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those mammogram call-backs are the absolute worst and most anxiety-producing. May it be nothing, nothing, NOTHING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a callback. It's something she found on examining the breast. So yes, anxiety.

      Scan is Monday May 10.

      Delete
    2. I've been through this and I am sorry you must wait. Sending hugs.

      Delete
    3. Thank you. I've done this before, too, and it doesn't get easier. Each time, this will be the third iirc, I hope it will be okay like before, without a lot of confidence. But the encouragement from you helps a lot, e. Thank you.

      Delete
  14. As always, best wishes to you, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never had asparagus soup. I discovered asparagus rather late in life, and love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!