Tuesday, May 25, 2021

More unexpected things

So my contractor is back from his mother's and showed up to take care of the deck situation. 


Now I hope I won't be studying a building site for months while the fence work is being argued out. Well, we've done our bit.

And  strawberries are in at the farm. 

The last few hot days moved them along fast and they're the best in years, much sweeter than last year when we didn't have those sudden hot days.

One container to eat fresh, one to freeze for future jam or whatever I suddenly decide.

And here's a lunch for the day the cleaners came, when I completely forgot to think about lunch and came home starving and with no plans. 

Sardines on whole wheat. Yogurt with strawberries. In fact pretty good.

I had done the strawberry run then I went to read at the park. Read? In fact I thought wait,  that stuff isn't in this book, oh, right, I was sleeping and dreaming an exciting scene about chasing or something. 

I can dream during even a short nap, the ever-moving shuttle at work. But it's confusing to wake and wonder where that scene was in the book.

Oh, and massive excitement in the houseplant department. My ginger finally put up a little shoot!! My excitement is out of all proportion to the size of the shooticle.


The qtip is to show you where to look, it's that small. Squint. It's there. My faith is rewarded.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Ginger Sprout!
    Congrats on the deck! It's always nice when a project is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fresh strawberries look sooo good. Congratulations on the ginger sprout. It's a start and I bet that little one will surprise you with it's growth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled. You'd think I'd never started a plant before! But somehow ginger's more exotic and exciting.

      Delete
  3. I would be completely that excited about the ginger too! I understand.
    I haven't had a really good strawberry in years. The best one I ever had was in Europe (can't remember what country) and it was tiny and more full of sweet strawberry goodness than all of the strawberries I've had since combined. Nothing has favorably compared to that since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like Sweden. Or France. Wild strawberries.

      Delete
  4. Dare I foresee strawberry-GINGER jam in your future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a terrific idea. Probably using the ginger from the freezer, since it could be years before I harvest any. I absolutely must check this out. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Fresh strawberries are a long way off here I think. We didn't get any last year at all so I'm hopeful we'll score some this year. Now I'm wondering how long the further wait will be for the ever elusive fencing project to get going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that my walkway is torn out, probably another year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we could get fresh strawberries around here but they just don't grow well here. I don't know anyone who has had success.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!