Thursday, June 18, 2026

Misfits, HOA paperwork, band continuing

Today I walked the dryer vent paperwork over to the clubhouse and, amazingly, the manager was there on time, entered all the doings in the computer and we had a nice chat. So that's all done for two years. 

Home again, that counted as my daily walk, and there's a squirrel on the fence eating what looks like a mango rind.

He was totally into it, adjusting it to get every bit of fruit. Notice the honesty pods are maturing.

More bandweaving today and my skills are improving. 


I've started just weaving, knitting, etc without any sound accompaniment. I want to just make without listening. I think this simplifying will be a rest for the brain.

Misfits today, and I have to credit them with a steep learning curve on the delivery map. 

Now it doesn't start giving updates every few minutes from when the driver climbs into the cab in Pennsylvania, for several hours till he arrives. Also the ETA is now set and it's accurate. I suspect they put the project into better hands after complaints.






Lovely summer fruit. No Envy apples available but I think I'll manage  Cans to share with the food pantry, little sample size puddings, chocolate and strawberry. No charge, I expect it's a marketing intro.

Shrimp for shrimp salad, it's been a while, backup bread for too hot to bake days, brown eggs for quiches I've been meaning to make, grated Parmesan for salad and quiches. Spicy faux sausage, for burgers, spaghetti sauce, and maybe pasties, just occurred to me that might be good.

I discovered a new detective series writer, light undemanding fun

I've read the first one, which features two salukis, and I'm into the next, which has border collies, black labs, houseboats and old rockers.

Now I'm off to follow the live stream of the opening  of the Obama presidential library complex. 

Happy day everyone, celebrate good people wherever we find them.




21 comments:

  1. One of my high school brunch friends got an early tour of the Obama center because her son has worked with Obama. She said the center and the grounds are so amazing. Reservations to see it have been booked for quite a while so I won't get to tour any time soon. But one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be there for a while, so you'll see it! I've heard it's all spectacular, inside and out

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed seeing some of the opening ceremonies on PBS streamed through FaceBook. What a wonderful crowd, and good entertainment...not to mention inspiring speeches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was streamed on Spoutible, so I watched with friends commenting along.

      Delete
  3. One wonders what Trump's library will look like - lots of bling, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely come across an emaciated squirrel. They must be very good and finding meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here, between the nut trees, beeches, black walnut, and humans tossing out rinds, they're on velvet.

      Delete
  5. I can’t stop looking at the first photo with the squirrel. A charming scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always appealing to see a squirrel eating fruit like a slice of pizza!

      Delete
  6. I listened to the speeches on YouTube last night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The squirrel looks quite content. A good Misfits order once again. I heard a little of the speeches last evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squirrels around here are in a desirable residential location. They all want to move in. Misfits doesn't fail me, so convenient, right on the step.

      Delete
  8. The speeches were fantastic, weren't they? And yes, Michelle's was perfection.
    I would be pretty excited about those little puddings. It's the small things, right?
    Have you tried the Sugar Bee apples? They are rather unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The teeny puddings were about what I make, same consistency! I liked them but I don't think I'll order them. If misfits ever carries sugar bee apples I'll try them. And so glad to share the planet with Michelle!

      Delete
  9. The dog sitter detective sounds fun! You got some great-looking fruit in that Misfits box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice deck or beach reading! No hard thinking. The fruit was mostly surplus to supermarket requirements this week. It's amazing those people continue to turn away great food. So I'm happy to support the farmers who might have had to plow it under.

      Delete
  10. Even got part of Michelle's speech out here (but without context so I hadn't understood the occasion). What a presence. (what a contrast)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful celebration. And a needed tonic

      Delete
  11. Glad to hear that Misfits is sorting out the delivery angst in favour of something that actually works.
    When I was reading about the Obama centre my first thought was how the orange buffoon no doubt has his panties in a twist over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happier with Misfits now, not feeling helpless. It's important in summer to get the box indoors quickly. It does have ice blocks and an insulated bag, but it's still wise to bring it indoors promptly

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!