Thursday, June 4, 2026

Weaving Spanish and Misfits

 Here's a heading I translated for myself!

It means clasped weft on a rigid heddle loom. So I expect that's perfectly clear to English speakers.  Yes?  My weaving Spanish is  moving faster than my weaving.

Misfits annoyed me again today. The new useless delivery map stated firmly that delivery was due 8:45 --9:15 am.  A minute later I checked and it's now due 12:45 --1:15 pm.  It also shows the driver heading for Philadelphia. That's the wrong direction if he plans to arrive here today. Breaking news: it arrived at 3 pm. I was sleeping, missed the Arrival of the Pink Van.

And my phone now can't access my bank app to deposit checks. They've "improved" the bank app, and the new version is no longer amicable or complicit or whatever that word is. Compatible. That's what it isn't.  And there's no app for my tablets. I think I can still pay bills through my browser, though.

Another user in the help function said they uploaded the new app and it doesn't offer check deposit anyway.   So there's one check I receive monthly I need to figure out. It may mean arranging a ride to the ATM.   Which involves remembering the PIN.  But I don't want to replace the phone for one small function.

And my dermatologist is retiring in September, despite having an appointment with me in October. There are no other dermas in the group, so my primary doctor gave me a couple of referrals to outside practitioners, lots of luck getting in there though. Fortunately I don't have any pressing issues I know of.

Other than that, Mrs Lincoln..

But this morning's walk, wearing the shady international spy hat I made, was lovely, greeting neighbors, hearing the frogs shout and jump into the water as I got near.


And the roses, probably planted by birds, we have a lot 

Then home to rest and read Wings, the magazine of the Xerces Society 

They're great people. We need to protect the insects because everything depends on keeping the web of life intact. Otherwise there's no point in fighting for our society.

And today's tussle with the weaving yielded results 

I'm finally getting the hang of this design. Now, when I make a mistake, I catch it and even know what's wrong. This is an advance on my previous mystification, and I'll take it.

Anyway, Misfits

I was sleeping on the job, well,  on the deck, officially reading, when the box arrived.

So here we are 


 

Sugar because I seem to be low, mixed grated cheese, with dandelion quiches in mind, block cheddar for tuna melt, pumpkin puree for probably desserts beaten with yogurt, q.v., 

Envy apples, bigger this week, peaches for fresh or sauce, depending on how sweet they are, teeny toy sweet peppers for maybe that tomato egg dish name escapes me but I never have peppers for it and now I do, Bananaz, strawberries for shakes and with yogurt.

Missing in action: cans for the food pantry, cilantro for me, poor us. Not available but them's the breaks in this opportunistic business model. I'm not complaining,  I get wonderful food at good prices. And I play fair with the food pantry.

Happy day everyone, there's good things all over. 


This message endorsed by Big Ursy and Pony and Ted and  Pony and Ursula and Pony, guess who wrote this bit






26 comments:

  1. Those tiny peppers may be "Lunchbox Peppers". If so, you can save seeds and try planting them in a pot next year. Highly prolific bush pepper plants, and the perfect snacking size peppers.

    Chris from Boise

    PS Sympathies on the 'improved' (HA!) apps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have we seen the spy hat? I am intrigued.
    Your weaving is just delightful. Your perseverance phenomenal.
    Good on Pony for making sure his voice is heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pony is from Texas, she knows how to speak up! I'll see if I can find the post where I showed the spy hat. Perseverance is a nice way to put it. Some people might say perseveration! Not as flattering.

      Delete
    2. You'll see it October 9 2025. I also did a couple of posts around then to show it in progress.

      Delete
  3. You do realise that the job of tech companies is to take a perfectly working app or program and break it in some way, resulting in it not working as well (employment). Surveys, consultations, users and feedback are taken (employment). They get to work to 'fix' what they broke (employment). Just as are you have come to grips with the new one, they will release a new improved version (ongoing employment as the wheel revolves).
    I used to enjoy a snap of the delivery men. Bloody app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartfelt agreement here. I hope to catch the delivery next week. I miss seeing the pink van, like the cavalry arriving!

      Delete
  4. I love the mini peppers, we have them here too and I put them in scrambled eggs that end up looking like omelettes. I like them chopped into salads too. The weaving is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pepper ideas, I've been wondering what other foods they'll go with. I'll definitely do these.

      Delete
  5. At least three tings were not quite on your side in this post, but, as always, you coped well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tired out from the stress. But I shall survive.

      Delete
  6. So pretty, the little flowers on your weaving. Imagine learning Spanish weaving words! Wow. Lovely looking food collection too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally I'm acquiring a bit of Spanish, too niche to use! This weaving is quite complex but finally I'm getting it. It looks so innocent, the little flowers..

      Delete
  7. Why is it that I can reserve and pay for a week's stay at a lovely home in the mountains on Airbnb in about two minutes, IF THAT, with no problem whatsoever but if I'm trying to do something like banking, it is almost impossible? I say "almost" because theoretically someone can figure it out.
    Not me.
    Yes, save the seeds of those darling peppers if they have seeds. Some varieties don't.
    I was just thinking about your hat the other day. I bought a new one at Costco and it is as close to the perfect hat for me as any I've found but I had a moment of guilt thinking that you would have made your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bank has been telling me for ages to update my browser, which was completely updated, so I guess this isn't a surprise. The only remedy is to replace my phone. Not doing it! And they're trying to push people away from checks, so even the new app doesn't have the check deposit function.
      I'll definitely save seeds from the peppers, now that you and Chris have both advised it.
      The main reason I made the hat was to get a good fit. They're usually too big.

      Delete
    2. The hat I bought has an inner drawstring thing so that you can adjust it for your own sized head. Jessie and I both got one and her head is smaller than mine and yet we can both get a good fit.

      Delete
  8. Raw baby peppers are lovely in salads or sandwiches, crisp and tasty.
    Your weaving is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Useful tip, thank you. Oh, by the way, I'm responding to the paragraph on my feed page, when your blog comes up, because I can't manage the white in black display. If the gist is in the first para, which always displays black on white, no matter what the blogger, does I'm good.

      Delete
  9. We have rain here today (hurray)! Too bad about the problems with the bank app. Did you check with your dermatologist's office to see if someone is replacing him? I'm sure you probably did. Glad you don't have any skin issues right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My primary care doctor is in the same group. They were down to one derma, so the department has to close. She had the referrals ready because she'd checked. I'm now trying to get in with someone, anyone, and being asked to fill out and print reams of information before I can even find out availability. I expect I'm in competition with all the other derma patients of my retiring doctor.

      Delete
  10. Well, Mrs Lincoln, I tried to order a book from the library and all the options are in Chinese or Arabic or Russian. (Not the books, just the information about them. Or possibly the books as I couldn't understand what it said.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None in Weaver Spanish? I could have helped you there.

      Delete
  11. Your weaving is beautiful!
    We have a bus app for Jack's school bus and the other day it was flipped and for some reason Sherwood Park was on the west side of Edmonton. It's back to normal now.
    I'm glad you got out for a walk around the pond. Outside is always good for the heart and the brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apps can really get things confused. The crummy ones particularly. You can tell when they've cheaped out. Medical ones are infamous for this. Also educational admin ones.

      Delete
  12. I love the roses. So pretty. You are doing well if you are picking up the Spanish faster than the weaving. I've meant to answer when you asked me why I've stopped using Misfits. I know it's necessary but having to wait for my time to order, where the cost of shipping has gone to and I do better overall at Aldi. They do perform a valuable service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son swears by Aldi, too. I have free shipping with my membership, and I guess the order by Monday receive on Thursday works for me. Not for everyone, true.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!