This applies to the weaving which is finally making sense to me, and here's the latest. Yes, this form needs a lot of weaving in of ends.
I think I've got the daisy motif down, and there's no stopping me now. Today daisies, tomorrow the world! Well, tulips anyway.
For some reason I found myself making a pound cake, from Baking on a Budget, first I ever made, though I've baked a lot of cakes.
It smells good. A slice with strawberries later maybe.
Why I didn't notice the temp was going here, not really suited to baking, I don't know
I was probably distracted by the accidental fridge art shadows
I was out walking earlier while it was cool, just wandering about in new directions until I found myself near my own house, to my surprise. I must have walked in a more or less circle.
Back home the flower seeds are sprouting and suddenly the hibiscus is there. Every year I think oh, dead twigs, nothing happening, until overnight it does this
This one will have lovely white flowers with red centers.
I had an egg salad with chopped tiny red peppers and a wrap for lunch, very pretty, and thank you all for the ideas. With a strawberry milkshake. And I planted the pepper seeds, why not.
I planted them in the sunflower pot because I think the birds may have swiped the sunflowers I saw sprouting. No sign of digging, the squirrels are staying away from the peppermint, so birds feeding young is my guess. Silly fellers, I was going to let the flowers go to seed for the birds anyway.
Various updates:
I now have a tentative way to get checks deposited without ride arrangements. I have a derma appointment close by, in December, not too far off my regular annual date. I've put in a call to the dryer vent people. Next week I have lab work and a COVID appointment set up. So far so good.
My Governor has defended using the state police at the ICE prison, right before withdrawing them and letting the local mayor take over security. She's stopped ICE from attacking protesters and Delaney Hall is now (a bit) less chaotic.
There's a judge's order to release a Colombian national today. And the Leg. and Governor are now behind legislation to require attorneys be provided for detainees.
I think Gov Mikie's in a hurry to erase this week's botched work. Fine.
Happy day everyone, bit by bit we can get things dun.
Which reminds me: when people say tell us about your experience in your own words, wtf does that mean? In who else's words can you tell your own lived experience? Just asking.









You've reminded me that we haven't had a pound cake for a long while so must put a bug in the RC's ear. Egg salad sandwiches too. You also reminded me that we're due for the Covid booster too.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to make a trip to the bank to depost a cheque - no idea how to do it otherwise. I applied for a portion of the class action suit against Loblaws for price fixing bread and was really surprised when I got a cheque for over $40.
I've been banking electronically for years, so having to figure out a way to deposit is new. Good for you for your Loblaw payout!
DeleteSummer heat and cooking, especially in that big space under the top of the stove 😜 don’t go together very well.
ReplyDeleteYou'd think I'd have remembered that!
DeleteCool shadow on that fridge. Of course, you need a sunny day. Well, something to look forward to, I guess.
ReplyDeleteThat little window curtain is providing a lot of value!
Deletebeautiful shadows.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing well with the weaving. keeping it an even tension. Not easy even with tablet weaving
Thank you for the encouraging words, always welcome.
DeleteI worry for the vulnerable detainees, especially the ones who need meds like insulin just to stay alive. It's downright evil.
ReplyDeleteThey're all vulnerable at this point, literally being served inedible food. It's a disgrace.
DeleteHee hee! I’ve always had the same reaction to “in your own words.” Thanks for that!
ReplyDeleteI need to get out of the house. It’s in the mid-70s right now but going back up to mid-90s. I’m tempted to hang some lace just to get those artful shadows.
That little curtain is giving endless visual action. As a non morning person, I find it harder to get out early, but it's the best chance before it gets too hot. But I feel so smug when I get home again.
DeleteOur hens have gone off laying. Almost mid winter. But I do like a nice egg sandwich. I too have often thought “ well who’s words would I use if not mine “
ReplyDeleteYes, would you be channeling someone else?
DeleteThe weaving is looking so good! I must look up that pound cake recipe.
ReplyDeleteIt's pretty simple, though it uses a ton of butter!
DeleteSilly birds just thinking of the somewhat Buddhist "now" to meet the needs of their hatchlings rather than the future of those sunflowers! They may have a stab at the pepper seedlings as well! Surprise kids! Spicy!
ReplyDeleteWith any luck the hatchlings will be off before I get any pepper seedlings.
DeleteMy first husband loved pound cake and I would make him one for his birthday every year. They are a good cake.
ReplyDeleteYou certainly are coming right along with those daisies. Tulips next? Nice.
What a good question about the "in your own words" instruction. I've never really thought of it that way but you're right.
Stay tuned for tulips.
DeleteLooks like a good cake! I made an angel food cake last week (from a package) and it was so delicious! Hadn't had one for a long time.
ReplyDeleteThe weaving looks terrific!
"In your own words" DOES seem a bit redundant in that context, doesn't it? I suppose it means not to go find someone else's quote to summarize your own point of view, but is anyone really going to do that?
ReplyDeleteThe weaving is looking great, as are the fridge shadows! I still haven't successfully deployed the peppermint oil. My local health food shop keeps saying he's getting some in but it never arrives.
I'm seeing peppermint oil sprays advertised at garden centers, too.
DeleteNow that you pointed it out, whose words would you use but your own? A little insight in the morning for me. I haven't made pound cake in, like, forever. It does seem you are getting the recent difficulties sorted.
ReplyDeleteNext we'll examine "one of the only" another verbal puzzle I don't get. Pound cake takes a ton of butter! It's very rich. Good with plain yogurt.
DeleteMy mum loved pound cake and used to make them on a regular basis but I haven't made one in years, don't know why. I think I just like chocolate cake better:)
ReplyDeleteThat weaving is coming along beautifully and I can't wait to see your tulips.
I finally have all my annuals planted in pots and planters. Now we wait for sunshine. We had six inches of rain this past week, now we need the sun.
My tulips are weather resistant! Stay tuned.
DeleteI think the "in your own words" means that you don't have someone assisting you or giving another's version of events?
ReplyDeleteLove the shadows - very pretty.
I've heard it usually in one on one discussion of something that happened to the person talking about it. Nobody else could describe it!
Deletedoes pound cake genuinely have a pound of each ingredient? Sounds rich if so. I l've the weaving - just dying some yarn for knitting (one lot with avocado shells, one lot with rhubarb) - all new experience and I need to do loads to get uniform colour. Sample swatches would be the sensible way to go but until I saw your weaving I wondered what I might use small quantities for.
ReplyDeleteI don't know about the original pound cake. This one didn't have a pound of each. Three quarters of butter, maybe the three eggs is a pound? It was good anyway.
DeleteYou can use small weavings to use small quantities of yarn. I never worry about a uniform color in my dyed yarn, because I like the variegatd effect. Ymmv.