I went out walking after I got home yesterday from the vax shop, because the weather was going to be much hotter today, so i seized the day.
I saw the first daylily out, and a bed of them in bud, waiting to open.
On the way home I was surprised when a deer stepped out of the trees in front of me, studied me for a moment, then moved off
Yesterday being a COVID vax day, by evening I was so tired, usual aftereffect, that I went to bed around eight o'clock. Halfway up the stairs I seriously wondered if I should just lie there instead of struggling on.
I did make it into bed and woke at 2am, wondering why I was hurting head to foot and shivering. Ah, yes, the vax, nothing to be alarmed about. Too tired to go down and find a snack and eventually did sleep again.
That was part two. Got up at six feeling wobbly and nauseous and needing to sit down quick, legs gave way. This passed and I made it downstairs for a bite to eat then I slept on and off all morning.
So when the Misfits arrived -- I heard the arrival, got a picture of Jeff, and the box he left -- I was up to the third half of the day and things were starting to go better.
I managed to wrangle the box, gosh it was hot. Also note the humidity
And here's the doings
Cans for three bean salad, currently a favorite, lovely yellow potatoes for roasting, must remember to keep a couple to plant, Envy apples, big ones, and they've been great lately, brown eggs for quiches,
Bananaz to ripen in a day or two, mixed greens for salad, weather appropriate, lazy Bloggerlady bread, and yogurt for all seasons. Scallions hiding in there to go in salad and quiches.
I did manage to catch a picture of Jeff, and after my incessant moaning, the delivery map has been improved.
They did start out saying delivery was in about 15 minutes, before 7:30am, clearly ridiculous because the driver was in Philadelphia, over an hour away at the best of times, and with numerous stops between there and here.
It showed up about 1:25 pm, about what you'd expect. But at least they've stopped giving endless updates, every 15 minutes for hours.
And the box was reasonably cool, order complete and accurate. So I'll stop moaning. For now.
And I may continue sleeping. I do get a significant reaction to the COVID vax, which I like to think is my tough immune system saying you lookin at me huh? My vaxxed arm isn't up to much, so weaving has to wait.
Happy day everyone, try to get all the way upstairs before you nod off. It works better. Sez Ted and Big Ursy and Pony and Ursula.











Too bad about the reaction but hope it’s already history. (I would have just stayed on the sofa.) I don’t always get a reaction, but whatever I do get is so worth it!
ReplyDeleteNowadays it's usually a day or so. But worth it since up to now I've escaped COVID.
DeleteI love day lilies!
ReplyDeleteI always look forward to seeing them in June. My own are Stella d'oro, big brilliant yellow, usually out mid June.
DeleteI had my Covid shot last week and I just get a bit of a sore arm. Hope you feel better by now.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping to do better by tomorrow.
DeleteFor some reason. I didn’t get the vaccinations this year. Probably because the weather was so nice I forgot it was autumn.
ReplyDeleteI usually get both Covid and flu. And boy did I regret it. Still have the coughing and the sinus problems. I’ll definitely remember next year
That's one to mark on the calendar, for next year. I can't get flu shots so I have to be careful.
DeleteWhile I've never had a reaction to the vaccination, a friend has quite severe reactions, with a couple of days recovery. I had flu and Covid shots a month ago, just before we hit winter.
ReplyDeleteI usually plan to get the vax when I know I can basically do nothing for a couple of days after. That works.
DeleteI think a daylily bed is one of the prettiest beds to have. I can't remember what month I'm due. Guess it's time to put it on the calendar again
ReplyDeleteThe bed I pictured is along the trees. They're those maybe wild maybe just wandering daylilies. Our ditches are full of them
DeleteGlad we know that you always have a strong reaction to the vax, or I'd be worried. Hope you're feeling 100% by tomorrow. How interesting to have a deer walk through your neighborhood after lo these many years!
ReplyDeleteChris from Boise
Yes, I don't worry about it, because I know what it's about. But it's not much fun, shivering, aches, malaise, flu like symptoms. However it's manageable when you know it's limited. I'm guessing tomorrow I'll be fine again.
DeleteThe jab really hits you hard. We still haven’t booked ours.
ReplyDeleteI guess it's proving something.
DeleteI had a bad reaction to my first Covid jab, achy all over and feeling as if I had ice water in my veins but only from neck to hips with a constant back and forth flow for about four hours, then I vomited and all was well again. I have never had that with any subsequent vaccinations, only a sore arm. I am sorry to hear you get your reaction every time.
ReplyDeleteI have reaction every time but now it's down to one day. It used to be two or three. So it's okay.
Deleteinteresting to see the deer..hope it finds its way back. home.
ReplyDeleteVaxx (or jag as it is called in Scots ) reaction...yes, take it easy and listen to your body. Apart from the usual exceptions we don't get ours until we reach 75 now.
In deer terms, it's not far from its herd, but the question is how to rejoin them, unless he's a rugged individualist! I'm surprised at commenters who don't get vax till older now. Are they rationing supplies?
DeleteHope you feel better soon, I always have to sleep of a covid vaccinations for a couple of days. Well done for coping with misfits box under the circs.
ReplyDeleteI think it means the vax is working! At least that's my story.
DeleteThose daylies will look splendiferous - and for weeks possibly - each in its day. My last covid vax reaction so was violent and so prolonged I decided I'd rather get covid again (the affliction was a walk in the park by comparison).
ReplyDeleteThat's unusual, having a worse reaction than the illness. No fun either way.
DeleteI always get the day-after fever and feeling lousy reaction. They say that's a good thing -- the antibodies are working!
ReplyDeleteThat's my story!
DeleteSome of us are just super reactors. Like you, I have to schedule my vaccines when I know I've got nothing on the calendar for a day or so. The shingles vaccines about did me in but I really do not want that nastiness.
ReplyDeleteA deer! We wonder constantly why the deer don't graze in our garden which currently has no gate to shut. We know we have them around. Perhaps they don't like all the different basils?
Around here, deer will eat anything! Yours may have plenty of flowers and vegetables before reaching your garden. Also the development there may not be as intense. Here huge areas are built which used to be deer habitat, so the deer just eat what the humans plant, easier!
DeleteThis is true but I know people who live in even less developed areas around here who cannot keep the deer out of their gardens. We're lucky, I guess.
DeleteAnother theory falls down! Maybe Maurice is keeping them at bay.
DeleteMy vax is due in November. I don't get a strong reaction, just a little sore and tired. I've had covid before there was a vaccine. I have what seems like millions of daylily. I see deer often, but I'm outside the metropolitan area. You have another healthy haul from Misfits.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you recovered from covid, not good at all when there was no vaccine and little knowledge. I do love June and daylilies.
DeleteYou think it's your tough immune system? I think it's my tough immune system that stops me being too bad with it!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to see the deer! And what will Gary do without you?
I see we have dueling theories! I was in two minds about the deer. I don't want my daylilies eaten. And our fences are so low a deer can step over..
DeleteGary will probably phone and show up still!
My Covid vax only resulted in a sore arm but it remained that way for several days. Thankfully, the only reaction and hope yours passed quickly.
ReplyDeleteAt this point I think it's over. My arm is fine again and aside from an occasional brief passing wave of nausea, all's well.
DeleteSo sorry about the vax reaction but at least you know to expect it and that it won't last. Touch wood, neither the RC nor I have had must of an adverse reaction beyond a slightly sore arm. I heard that drinking lots of water after the shot is good to prevent an adverse reaction so that's what we try to do.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have an easier time. I do all the arm moving, water, etc, and it doesn't really affect it much. I think your system is geared to a reaction or not, and that's about it. But I take the precautions, the triumph of hope over experience!
Delete