Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Cleaners, flowers, calligraphy and Othello




Bright morning with raindrops sparkling everywhere, and the sun shining through the honesty pods. Daisies and daylilies starting. That's the thistle that invited himself in. I was hoping for a flower, but maybe not.

The cleaners were scheduled this morning so I got a ride to buy vitamin D which I'm suddenly out of, wow, that's gone up in price. 

Then to the library, where my ride departed and I had lunch and a gallery view, Chinese calligraphy by a local trio of artists.







The library is also currently asking for input on better use of the space, new ideas. I put my stickers on like a good patron.

And a couple of men arrived and set up a board game, I think Othello.


It's a good community center, all kinds of activities going on every day. 

Home soon to a clean house. Good, because a friend is coming by tomorrow to pick an artwork and it's nice if it's clean. My house doesn't get very dusty, but I like it newly cleaned. Especially now the allergy season seems to have started and anything sets me sneezing and tearing and itching.

Happy day everyone, I clearly don't have much to complain about, if I'm down to allergies and the price of vitamins. I hope your day is as good.






29 comments:

  1. Ah ... coming home to a clean house is one of the best things ever. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nabbed some vitamins on Prime today. Didn't mean to, but I was there anyway, snd there they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prime? Not sure what this is. Is it canajun like Tim Horton's...

      Delete
  3. I can barely remember what a clean house smells like.
    Sigh.
    I do remember what a clean bathroom and a clean kitchen smell like so all is not lost.
    You do seem to have the best library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bathrooms and kitchens are the main places to keep clean anyway.
      We have a nice library.

      Delete
  4. You've described exactly what public libraries should be, with something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The library looks like a wonderful place. Our local community center had a small library but it has closed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libraries these days are more and more like community center. They're no longer just about books. I'm not complaining. Whatever keeps them going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When books were the main source of information, they were mainly about books. Now there are many sources, so they've kept up. At least the good ones have.

      Delete
  7. The perfect library!
    And a pretty perfect day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything's gone up! I was looking at paperbacks the other day and was amazed at the prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of it is genuine and some is just seizing the opportunity.

      Delete
  9. I love the library. We are lucky to have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put decades of effort and gratis teaching into my library, as well as taxes. I think a community gets the library it works for. In my case the results are dazzling.

      Delete
  10. I bet your thistle will bloom. Just a matter of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's over five feet tall. At this rate the flower will be too high for me to see. But it's for birds and butterflies so that's okay.

      Delete
  11. I had to laugh - I read your allergies bit just after a particularly long string of sneezes - although, to be fair, I prefer the mornings with lots of sneezing to those where they don't appear due to migraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not much of a choice, really! I hope you have days with brother.

      Delete
  12. Oh, yes, I love returning to a clean house. We saw thistle blooming all along the highway in our recent drive. It sure is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering if my thistle ever will bloom. I'll report if and when it does.

      Delete
    2. And now I'm snorting at the double meaning some people naming no names, might read into that! The Virgin's Lament. Not applicable in my case..

      Delete
  13. I wish our library would take some lessons from yours. I really don't know what the RC and I would do without ours though, even though it's often frustrating. The worst part is when they don't have a complete series of books and only have perhaps books 2 and 5. What good is that? I make use of the interlibrary loan feature a lot to try to counteract that problem but it's annoying. They have a perfect spot to encourage people to set up things like puzzles or games, but they refuse to entertain the thought because it might mean extra work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my community program librarian about their objection to puzzles, and I thought she'd never stop laughing! On the other hand, people can bring in their own game and friend, to play. If that starts happening, it might show them there's little to no extra work for them. I know a spinners group which is doing exactly this in another library, where the staff refused to! They just show up, draw their chairs around and spin happily.

      Delete
  14. It looks like you have a very fun, very community-minded library. There were some wonderful things in that exhibit.

    ReplyDelete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!