Monday, June 8, 2026

Bit by bit, and more flowers

I was out early this morning for fasting lab work, routine annual stuff, Handsome Son driving. Then we stopped at the bank on the way home,  and got the check situation sorted. 

Home to breakfast, and I found myself warping up another little krokbragd piece. I really like working with this little tapestry loom.


I'm consolidating the skills I've learned. It feels much simpler now, and I can now read the weaving much better now.

I listened to The Mysterious Affair of Judith Potts while I wove. I really enjoyed the weaving now that I can work that chart 

It was bright, windy and cool on the deck in the afternoon,  and I noticed how the wind turned over the maple foliage showing the pale underside.


It reminded me of "willows whiten". Extra credit if you recognize it.

The chimney people got back to me and we set up an appointment to clean the dryer vent. Then my obligation to the HOA will be complete for a while. 

And I finally parted with a few items to Freecycle.


They're nice, wearable, altered to fit and only tried on.  But they just don't suit me. Better on someone who can wear them than sitting in my clothes closet.  They were picked up about two hours from posting.

Happy day everyone. Despite my insisting that it's not important to be productive, I still like a day when I get a few things accomplished.





32 comments:

  1. I like to feel productive at the end of the day too. It's nice that those clothes will find a new home, I have a box to take to goodwill. The box may contain mugs which did not pass muster:)
    Your weaving is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mugs will be snapped up. Potters have such high standards that I bet they're lovely.

      Delete
  2. That is a pretty productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've learned so much, so quickly, about that little loom and what it can do. It's very fun to watch you progress.

    It's nice to check off the medical, bank etc chores early, and move on to the rest of the day.

    Looking forward to the HS baby story!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Hokett loom is one I've had a long time, woven award-winning work on it. But you're right in seeing I'm putting it to new use, with krokbragd, new skill. It's so pleasing to handle a tool made by a craftsman. The frame loom which I repaired is fine, but a manufactured item doesn't have the warmth of the handmade.

      Delete
  4. I also like days when I get things done, though I like days when I do nothing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not good at nothing, gets me nervous, but I think it would be better if I were able to just let things go a bit sometimes.

      Delete
  5. It gives me a warm glow when I accomplish something that's been on the list for too long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes then do you wonder why you took so long? I do.

      Delete
  6. The weaving of flowers is so beautiful. Someone must be very happy with their new clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're nice items, just all wrong on me. I really liked the hoodie top, but on me it was just gormless.

      Delete
  7. Oh shoot: I meant to say that when I read willows whiten, I immediately thought aspens quiver. And then I couldn’t remember what it was from. I had to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be so great to write something that stays with people long after they forget who wrote it.

      Delete
  8. Understand perfectly your comment about productivity. Purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're one of the most purposeful and productive people I know, so yes, you would get it.

      Delete
  9. My friends are out on productive photoshoots this morning. My day will be less productive, but I will get something or other done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you always do, starting with sudoku!

      Delete
  10. Yes. You are absolutely becoming comfortable with that style and pattern of weaving. I think that perhaps with some adjustment, you could be making guitar straps. Have you thought about that?
    I believe I will be canning beans today. That always makes me feel productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guitar straps involve very long warp threads, and a destination! When I get back to bandweaving I'll see what I'm up for. This isn't bandweaving though.

      Delete
  11. I love how little that is and it looks like lots of fun. Glad you got some donates off. Me, I enjoy a productive day. I like when I work on something, step away and then get to come back and see and feel what got done. Like when the fridge gets cleaned. Best feeling ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's a pleasure in getting things done, especially where you can see the results.

      Delete
  12. Purpose is important. You caught on to the new weaving style really fast. Though I'm not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purpose is one of those conundrums to me, whether tasks are necessary or just busywork. I'm back and forward on it.

      Delete
  13. Fasting blood work is the worst. (Well, any kind of medical test that requires fasting, really.) Good job finding a new home for the clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging by the speed of her response and the prompt pickup, I think the recipient was happy with her swag!

      Delete
  14. As long as I do one or two things that I can pretend are "productive", I don't feel as if I have wasted the day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never mind fasting, though I rarely have to. I like listening to a book or podcast if I'm doing something 'crafty', unless I have to concentrate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You’re getting so good on that loom. You’ll be a master soon enough
    Yes I like to look back on a day and see that a few things have been accomplished
    I’m not one to just sit I really need to keep my hands and mind busy.
    Otherwise I spend all my time looking in the refrigerator lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my old hokett loom, been using it for maybe 20 years. The frame loom and the band weaving looms are the new ones. I love all of them, though, and every project is a bit better than the last one.

      Delete
  17. Sounds like you had a very productive day. Just getting the stressful bloodwork and bank trip out of the way early made for a much better day. For some reason going to the bank is high on my list of stress inducers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular bank visit was anxious because we needed to use the PIN I hadn't entered in years, and I did remember it correctly. Phew!
      Now to hear what my doctor has to say about the bloodwork. I've looked at the results, but I'm not much wiser. I look for the green zone, and if I'm in it, fine.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!