All over the development today, men were up on cherry pickers, sawing away at foliage, chipping, grinding. It was windy so I sneezed on and off all day, what with wood dust and pollen and probably molds.
Billie the Pup was not amused by the wind and the noise
This one was on a patio, not association property so maybe the owner arranged for it to go. The house was a rental for many years and nobody really tended the patio, but a new owner is on it now, and evidently tackling it.
In other news, I more or less wove 8647 into my current band, on the left
a bit tricky, few available threads, but the spirit was there
And here's my summer supply of cotton yarns for bandweaving.
This will be great, now that I'm starting to develop some skills. Many more to go.
Happy day everyone, warm here today, I had to take off a layer, then the wind got up and I had to add a jacket. Then I gave up and came in and wove.
Coda on HOA: Manager got back to me to confirm he'd got the docs and that he'd been stuck in traffic, arrived an hour late. Just as well I didn't wait.









Love the colorful weaving yarn you bought! And yes, Billie the Pup looks pretty damn grumpy.
ReplyDeleteI don't think she liked the wind in her face. Me neither.
DeleteWhat a hive of activity. It will all look so much nicer once it’s done, in sure
ReplyDeleteYour weaving is getting very fancy.
I hope your allergies are much better. I live in antihistamine tablets during spring and summer these days
The pruning protects against trees coming down in storms. The house where that big evergreen was was also dark because it blotted out the light from the main window. That's why I suspect the new owner had it removed, way too big for its location.
DeleteThat is beautiful yarn that you bought to weave with. You're enjoying the weaving. Have you done it before? Just curious.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Billie, I hate noise.
I've done a lot of weaving but not this pattern kind where you pick up threads in a prescribed order to create designs. It's a new thing to me, very interesting as I get better at it.
DeleteGlad your HOA manager responded to you, and had an excuse for missing the meeting. Thank goodness that nice young man was able to collect and hand off everyone's documentation.
ReplyDeleteLove your band-weaving discoveries. You're having fun!
Chris from Boise
I'm quite relieved that Mr C did follow through as promised. I didn't know him so it was an act of faith really.
DeleteThose yarns are so attractive, I'd struggle to start using them, and spoil their all-ready-and-,waiting looks!
ReplyDeleteLike the white paper before you paint! Fortunately you can't spoil yarn by making mistakes, just unravel and start over. I love these colors.
DeleteWhat a look on Billie the Pup’s face! Look at all those new colors. I’m sure you’re brimming with inspiration. I like your more open view there.
ReplyDeleteShe's not one for hiding her feelings. And that huge tree was a few feet from my house, overgrown and looming, not well cared for. It's departure has opened the air flow as well as the light.
DeleteIt confuses me that your HOA guy isn’t local. I thought it would be a neighbourhood thing.
ReplyDeleteThe board is made up of all homeowners in the development, and the professional management company we employ typically works for multiple HOAs. So our manager is responsible to quite a few developments, and the offices are based about an hour away. The manager has to visit the sites regularly.
DeleteI mean the board members are all homeowners, not that all the homeowners are on the board. That would be a bit unwieldy.
DeleteI had to consult with Mr. Google about the meaning of 8647 - brilliant! Your influx of yarns will give you hours of pleasure over the next while and good to know that your paperwork ended up in the right hands.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to learn more complex patterns using the new yarn. It should be interesting. Yes, quite a relief that Mr C waited until the manager finally showed up and handed over the docs.
DeleteLove the rainbow of colors your yarn is. I am always impressed by the men who work so high up in the trees. I couldn't do it!
ReplyDeleteHopefully, your HOA paperwork is done now for a while!! ;)
I think I could manage with a cherry picker, big platform and guardrail. But I could never run about on roofs!
DeleteOne more doc and I'm done with both HOAs for at least a year, phew
Billie the Pup reminds me of an otter with that sleek black coat. She looks like she's all muscle underneath it.
ReplyDeleteYes, the noise and dust was no doubt a big disturbance but hopefully will have been worth it.
Those cotton yarns sort of make my fingers itch to take up needles of some sort and get started on something.
She's a French bulldog and Boston terrier mix, solid muscle. She's little but could knock me down if she got the chance to hit my knees from behind! She's very well cared for as you see from her silky coat.
DeleteThe colors of the new yarn are pushing me to finish the current green and white band, and get on to more pattern threads and more complex patterns. I'm learning to combine motifs. I mean pick up the threads right, the motifs are clear but the methodical weaving is a challenge to this hasty soul.
I'm cracking up. Billie the pup is just way too cute for words. A little attitude I think. Ohh your new yarn is delightful. Always fun to get supplies. I do appreciate you art. I know how many hours you put in on a project. Have a nice day.
ReplyDeleteBillie is a force of nature. I really like the new yarn. For them as knows this stuff, it's 8/4 weight and ply.
DeleteBillie appears to have a beautiful, shiny coat! Whoa, I can't believe a tree that size was on someone's patio. Definitely better it's gone now. Your colorful yarn is so inviting! I look forward to seeing what you create with it.
ReplyDeleteI think the tree was planted by an original owner without much tree knowledge. It was healthy but unkempt and way too big for the location.
DeleteI'm planning the next band even as I type.
Weaving is one craft I haven't tried yet but I always thought it would be great fun - once I learned, of course. The learning can be a long road.
ReplyDeleteYou might like to look at Weaving without a Loom by Veronica Burningham for a lot of fun starting small and simple.
DeleteBilly is a gorgeous French Bulldog.
ReplyDelete