Thursday, May 14, 2026

Flower filled walk and Misfits

Before I went walking I did a bit of finish work on my bands and here's the collection to date, most recent at the top


I alternated the places of the knots so they'd lie smoothly.





Little rabbit so young he didn't realize he should run, squirrel on the fence alerting him


And here's a natural gargoyle in a tree root.

Ramon is in charge of Misfits delivery today 




Usual cans to share with the food pantry, beautiful large brown eggs, for a quiche or two, with leafy greens already in the freezer, chocolate chips and bar because they're nutritious. Or something. 

Strawberries, cherries, apricots, for eating fresh or as jam, depending on how they taste. Bananaz maybe strawberry banana smoothie..

Spaghetti for when I can't think what to make, always easy with diced tomatoes in the house. I have plenty of cheese, too, to make a tomato-cheese-egg bake for the no-idea days. Spicy plant sausage likewise.

Meanwhile supper chez Boud on Misfits day 

Two egg two cheese omelette, with fruit.

Happy day everyone, the larder is filled chez Boud. I hope yours is too. And I'm sure you share, sez Ted and Big Ursy and Pony and Ursula.






27 comments:

  1. Good food and good exercise...life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weaving is turning out very nicely.
    As always, I enjoy seeing what you make with your Misfits. Chocolate is not only nutritious, but a vegetable as well. It's made from cocoa beans after all. A staple really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your wise judgment on chocolate, yes, what you said.

      Delete
  3. Alternating the knots - ingenious!
    Lovely floral walk, and home to Misfits. Your supper is one of my favorites.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cheeses were mozzarella and Parmesan. Light and make a lovely browned omelette. I think the apricots will be jam, a little unready for eating fresh. Apricots are delicate that way.

      Delete
  4. Lovely walk, good food and beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely uplifting post - fresh air, little animals, beautiful flowers, good food, and creative art - couldn't be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this time of year, no biting insects, stone fruit are in, baby bunnies!

      Delete
  6. The omelette looks (and sounds) delicious, along with the fruit. You’ve got quite a collection of bookmarks, or something else you’ll think of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The narrowest one will be for my keys, the others are just bands for bands' sake. The combo of cheese omelette and fruit is so seasonal, also easy.

      Delete
  7. The larder is stocked for another week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful fruit! Your supper with the omelette looks deelish too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surplus harvest. Might have been plowed under if misfits didn't exist.

      Delete
  9. Looks and sounds like a happy day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see the progress you're making with the weaving. You have grasped tis new skill and run with it! Your omelette looks very good. You do take excellent care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm feeling pretty good about my progress with the bands. And about taking care of myself -- I'm worth it ;)

      Delete
  11. The photo of your omelet and fruit meal is art in and of itself.
    I hope little Bun-Bun makes it to adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually create a composition with food. It keeps up my appetite. Judging by the number of rabbits around, I'd say his chances are pretty good.

      Delete
  12. That omelette looks delicious - and I did enjoy the walk (and the last week that I have just caught up on) although where I grew up, rabbits were not viewed so fondly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the rabbit has been a terrible pest in Australia, an introduced species. I'm amazed you had time to catch up, considering your current load, thank you.

      Delete
  13. My larder and refrigerator are full here too. Made a trip to the grocery store, Hannafords is the chain around here. We are entertaining on Saturday and I'm making Chinese pork dumplings for an appetizer, sesame chicken (in the Instant Pot) with stir fried veggies TBD, and jasmine rice. Guests bringing dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stone fruits season is over now here in Australia, we still get strawberries from the warmer end of the country, but I'm going to miss my apricots. On the other hand the bananas are great right now, not the usual cold storage tasteless ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We did a grocery store run so our pantry and refrigerator are stocked up. Long weekend here so no plans to set foot out anywhere.
    Your band collection is growing and I can tell you're enjoying the process.

    ReplyDelete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!