Monday, May 16, 2022

Storms ahead

Wild stormy weaaaaatherrrr in today's forecast, so my plans are to get to the post office and library before that. Shipping off the socks, and stocking up on these



Yesterday I improvised a side table for the patio, until I find a better one. It's weatherproof.


Nothing like using stuff you've got lying around.

And last evening I started on the vest I'm stitching. Here are the pockets all lined, ready to attach before I insert the vest lining


Gary stopped by with a treat from his freezer, chocolate mousse cheesecake with almonds, cacao nibs and strawberry sauce

 
So it seemed like a good time to read my fortune in the tealeaves.


I see a plane, swimming birds and a constellation. Anyone like to invent me a fortune based on them? Or anything else you can see?

Happy day everyone. Look for the helpers.





17 comments:

  1. Our weather has changed from last week, with high winds again. Hope there isn’t much to your storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to wait till after the storm to test the table. It's weatherproof though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind a storm right now. It's another hot dry day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are certainly talented at improvising and very lucky to have a neighbor like Gary. I hope the storm wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I see a yapping dog in your future down there around the 5:30 mark.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm home with errands done, socks mailed off, book and DVD collected. The storm is scheduled for this afternoon. We'll see. We've had plenty of rain, in fact it could be better distributed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lined pockets look very fancy - and we thoroughly approve of your table. It looks as though it even has adjustable height. Engineered. As for tea leaves - we see time to make another brew, that one seems to have run out. xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got it! You're going on a plane trip to a deserted island where there are seagulls and pelicans and no light pollution so you can see the stars! Send me a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew I invited the right group to tell my fortune! So I'll just make a fresh pot, then tuck my Scottie under my arm before I leave on my magical trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see a magic dragon will visit you, before official summer, on the deck to complain his alligator friend has more hits on Tik Tok than he does. You consol him with an iced Earl Grey with flower petal ice cubes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your patio table. For many years when we were first married, we had huge board and brick shelves. We stained the boards and painted the bricks and it looked great and was adjustable! Those pockets are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You may just stick with that patio table, it looks like it works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pockets are just the posh interior for a denim jacket. "I wear denim because I want to, not because I have to!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like that was a good movie although I don’t remember any of it. I just have a good general impression that I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joanne next -- diamond buttons!

    The table is to be joined by another similar one, stay tuned

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!