Friday, May 27, 2022

More cutting, intentional this time

Late last evening I finally got around to pruning one of the begonias. Sounds like the precis of an existential novel.

So here's the upshot




The scene, less cluttered, and two vases of cuttings in water.

Then, upstairs making new friends, is the very much reduced parent plant, on the floor there in front of the other plants.


It took about ten minutes, including finding the vases and carrying the pot upstairs. I'll get to the other at some point.

And here's the current state of the completed socks. 


One from each of two pairs. The second of each is in progress. See how the lacy top flows into the foot? Pretty fancy.

This afternoon the Misfits box arrives while I'm at my knitting group, weather permitting

They're throwing in every possibility, hope springs eternal in the heart of the weatherman. Stick around for the plague of locusts.

Anyway let's sign off with a joyful light filled artwork


And try for a happy day, everyone. 




12 comments:

  1. I hope your day is as fine and fancy as those socks.
    Your begonias look quite happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last image is indeed sunny and happy. I want to wander down that path . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo, love that Victo Ngai painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go the her website for a really exciting trip through her work. Blazingly energy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What DO you do with all these socks? And all the begonias you are going to have? We are currently trying to encourage some roots on a Mexinan Evening Primrose cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tigger, these are the latest in my Knitting Ministry. I'm working with a group of nuns who tend the homeless and addicted on the streets in north Jersey. They also knit for them, but had no one who could knit socks, so when I heard I offered to do it. They're very well received. These are pairs 13 and 14. I design and make about a pair a week. They supplied the yarn and I took it from there.
    Marie, one of my knitting group said the lacy top one is like a bed sock. Not a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the lacy top on the sock. A few more begonias will grow and eventually will become more begonias and so it will go! I hope the weather holds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fate of begonias is to be forced on, I mean, given to, neighbors. Until I run out of recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cut five or six blooming stalks off my begonias when I brought it i for the winter. Then after the blooms faded I left them to root which they did. When they had good enough roots I planted them but they don't seem to have grown much if at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That painting made my night as did the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really don't think weather reporters are happy unless there's some sort of weather crisis to report (lot like regular news reporters I think).
    I imagine your begonias will be happy campers after they get over the shock of their haircut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!