Saturday, May 28, 2022

Storm has passed, all's shining clean, in nature, that is

I got caught up on buying pulse foods this week, with plans for pease pudding which I haven't made for ages, and other interesting meals, maybe curried dal with rice.


They're great foods, lovely to handle and look at. Bob's Red Mill is a favorite source, but their own website is so buggy, I gave up on it again and found another non Amazon place to order Bob's. The box arrived almost before I'd finished typing.  Watch this space for Adventures with Pulses.

Yesterday's Misfits box arrived early, dodging the storm 




Which didn't live up to its billing, didn't arrive till I was home from knitting group.

Then it was intense rain, the kind you can't see through


for about twenty minutes.

And here's the lovely Misfits supper last night


Food is a blessing, to help keep our spirits and courage up in the face of the news. The more the total police failure in the Texas massacre of children comes out, the angrier and sadder I feel. 

Woke early today, at dawn, to the sound of mourning doves, then later went out onto the deck to the song of cardinals. 

A washed clean outdoors, wishing humans could be more like that.




One foot in front of the other, everyone. 



16 comments:

  1. Absolutely. One foot in front of the other. That is my plan for this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your space and view are testament as to why New Jersey is the garden state. Good plan, one foot in front of the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, such a mix of anger and sadness over what happened in Texas.
    Your salad looks lovely. I love a mix of fruit and veggies. Have a good weekend Boud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, yes it's surprising to people who haven't visited but whose impressions are formed by NY comedians, that it's a beautiful place. My town is built on an alluvial plain, second in crop yield only to the legendary Shenandoah valley. When you see my plantings flourish, the credit goes to the earth rather than the gardener.

    Bonnie, yes, eating the rainbow! My Friday evening treat after unboxing the Misfits order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today is all about tying up trailing blooming vines and tucking the long long slender branches of the rangoon creeper into the fence before the guy that mows over there comes with his weedeater whacking them off. And picking up another garden cart load of sticks from the three storms in 4 days. Next on the agenda is working on the watercolor and so I keep my mind off the horror this country has become.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously doubt race is a factor in that highly stupid decision to delay action in Texas. The police I saw on TV news are not all white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a nice storm. Had it here, too, overnight a night ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where was your source for Bob's products? Your lunch looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. iHerb was where I got the Bob's items. New to me, but prompt, arrived well packed, good condition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have an artists eye for colour in everything. Food is definitely art and should always (in my humble view) appeal to the eye. Fresh and colourful. That maple is very pretty with rain drops on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can understand not wanting to throw yourself on a grenade (so to speak) but there are times when you need to forget the ME factor and just react. I wonder if it was cowardice, or laziness, or just plain "they ain't my kids, so..."
    The easier it is to get guns, the more we feel we need them to protect ourselves from the people who get them. Truly a nasty circle.

    I'm thinking if this was racially motivated, it wasn't the cops, it was the kid who did the motivating. it's hard to tell. Some kids are so damaged...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here’s to having a good, healthy pulse. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. This latest horror is just one more reason why watching the news is really low on my list of priorities anymore. I simply can't cope with it mentally so I keep up to date just enough to be aware but not going too much into it. Fine balance but necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes to that. I've even cut back on reading blogs which are going over the same anguish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. When we were kidlets, we played a clapping game to that ditty "peas porridge hot, peas porridge cold, peas porridge in the pot, nine days old"
    I remember asking my Da what peas and porridge was about. He proceeded to explain what it was, and how that was often all they had to eat for prolonged stretches during the great depression. It was peas porridge or bread and milk for the little folks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!