Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Strong Women's Day!

You don't have to be a bio Mom, or even female, to celebrate strong women, to take care of each other,  all the qualities mother's day celebrates.

So go for it!


Yesterday's curried cauliflower soup turned out well


Just as well, since the storm is still stuck overhead, it likes it here.  Handsome Son took 45 minutes to get home last night, normal 10 minute drive when there aren't flood detours.

And, the weather is suited to knitting, too, here's Sock One of Pair Twelve of the Sock Ministry. 

I reversed the sock because the inside worked well. These are reversible socks, both sides interesting. I'll do the finishing so the weaving in is unobtrusive.

As soon as Sock Two is done, I'll ship off the current set of four socks. 

And here's Zelenskyy, with the last word





10 comments:

  1. Heather Cox Richardson's newsletter (Letters from an American) today is about how this day came to be and the women behind it. I don't know if you read her letters but you would enjoy them I think.

    Carry on sock lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I like to think of Mother's Day as a day to honor nurturing and there are many who nurture magnificently in so many ways. The earth needs them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen, Richardson's newsletter is subscription. Not in my budget. I've occasionally seen parts. I'm pretty familiar with the American Mother's Day story. My own tradition is Mothering Sunday, a celebration of Mary, also of all forms of caregiving. It falls in March iirc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Day. I will brag on our fab weather while I can. Sorry about yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listen to Heather Cox Richardson on Facebook. I don't use FB anymore but I do go there for a couple of people I follow. I think my husband is a better mother than I am as far as nurturing is concerned. I should tell him Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are many kinds of mothers, more than just those who have borne biological children! Sorry you've had that whopper of a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had that whopper of a storm for about twelve hours on Friday. You inspire me to knit a few rows a day on the sock I began about a year ago. I'm decreasing the first toe. Then I must make the mate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have had nice weather for a few days! So unusual! Love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Handsome Son made it home safe.
    Sock Lady is a fun name. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!