Friday, May 6, 2022

It's May

Yesterday was warm, sunny, before today's storm came in, great for a gentle walk. I was surprisingly tired, considering it was the day after a respite day, but moved anyway.

Look at this tiny beauty, fingers for scale


And the dogwoods are in full May fling







The dead tree you see in one pic is a drumming center, with a newly-enlarged flicker nesting excavation and, from inside, the sound of the flicker continuing work on the nest site, now deep inside the tree. I'll keep watching in hopes of seeing nestlings soon.

This is all a few feet from where I sat later, first outdoor tea of the season. Raisin scone there. Great blue heron beating overhead on her way to the nearby marsh, favorite hunting ground.



Meanwhile back on the battle front, here's one of my MOCs, former fighter pilot, current member of Congress, who's not having it. Yes, she posted this


Right after this, SCOTUS started erecting Mikie-proof barriers. Somebody realized now we've done it, we've annoyed the Jerseygirls, look out.  Pro tip: don't annoy us, we're fierce. 

I wonder if similar barriers are going up around Alito's family home in nearby Trenton. Sigh. He's a Jersey boy. We didn't send our best. But we did enshrine reproductive rights into our constitution this year. So we take care of our people at home.

Happy day everyone, and drum on.






11 comments:

  1. Yes, time to put the warpaint back on in the culture wars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was low energy yesterday too! Must be the planets and the moon, right?
    If there was ever an appropriate time to use profanity, this would be it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again conservatives assume us liberals with attack violently because that's what they do. Kind of ironic since Roberts overturned the 35' clear space between anti choice protestors and health clinics like Planned Parenthood because he thought 35' was a violation of the 1st Amendment right of free speech. Apparently that doesn't apply to the SC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogwoods were flowering when my father died. They celebrate his memory for me. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a time for certain language and this is one of those times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, we must fight like hell-ions. Don't give up. Don't give in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From the tiny blooms in your hand to the giant trees and their blooms, nature is giving her best! I hope you see some nestlings too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your deck! It's been too cool to sit out here yet but that's about to change. Once again we are missing spring and going from winter to summer. It's been cold and wet for months and now next week it will be in the 90s!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful fingers, and the flowers are okay too — barely thoguh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just to let you know: The reason you can't post a comment on my blog right away is that you have to wait for all the gadgets that surround the basic blog to show up. I didn't know this when I designed my blog that way. The gadgets show contributions, photos, and so on by friends so I want to keep them there. I'm sure I'm not good enough to move my blog to a format that will work for me and also for my friends. But I will look into it on my break.

    I love to hear about Jersey, where I lived for the first nine years of my life in these United States. Princeton was a lovely town, full of brilliant and fun people. I have so many good memories. Only couldn't take the humid summers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The humid summers take some getting used to. I've been in DC a couple of times for Fourth of July festivities and the humidity there didn't seem too bad by comparison, so I guess I got acclimatized.

    Thanks for the explanation about the vanishing comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!