Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sunday morning

Breakfast in bed. Hot tea from flask. Yogurt and Misfits fruit.

While I was cutting the fruit, on the red cutting board, noticed I haven't used this one as much as the others, red not being a color I like.

A work colleague and I, when were both in graduate school having to write dull old papers, used to make up fake studies with surveys and questionnaires to amuse ourselves. Comic relief.  

Such as what percentage of women in a public bathroom given a choice of stalls, would pick the middle one. Or how many men would put back the milk container with one spoonful of milk left in it. Or what's the gender breakdown between people putting dishes straight into the dishwasher rather than an  interim place in the sink. What are the relative sizes of people and their dogs, do big people like little dogs and vice versa. We thought these observations would be more fun for questionnaire purposes than what we were writing.

And today I have a new fake study. Of all purchasers of this set of colored cutting boards, which came in a set, no color choices, what's the favorite color. Or ranked choice, what's the order of preference for use.

Anyone may take part. My own vote runs: green, yellow, blue, red.  What's yours? I'm disregarding the instructions which came with the set, which color was for what food. Their lawyers probably wrote it.



23 comments:

  1. For a cutting board only, not my true color preference, I would choose yellow, green, blue, red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if our choices have any significance! Another study needed. Or a PhD diss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if all four mats are exactly the same sans color why does it matter which you use for what. instructions. really? well, my choice would be blue or green first, then yellow and then red. don't care for red either but if orange had been included I'd probably never use it unless all the other options were not available.

    too bad you didn't actually do those surveys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they haven't left the era of never using your meat board for anything else. Or maybe they think their customers haven't. I agree, since they're very washable, I don't mind which one.

      Delete
  4. I hope everyone noticed how honorably I arranged the boards, so as not to influence your choices! Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I used the blue to prep garlic, but I wouldn't put tomatoes on it! I seem to have introduced a new complication into the kitchen.

      Delete
  6. How honorable of you!

    Red is an interesting color. The cutting board red is very uninspired (I would say the yellow and blue are somewhat insipid too), but various reds in our flower gardens are stunning (and red is not my favorite color, usually).

    For these cutting boards - green, blue, yellow red.

    Your graduate school fake surveys do sound much more fun than official surveys!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like red in the garden. Summer's hot enough without hot colors!

      Delete
  7. I love all your questions from grad school! My favorite color board, hands down, would be green. I love green because it reminds me of life and fresh things. I chose my order of colors before I read the last part of your post and I chose the same color order as you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would use them as product specific.
    Red: Beef, Pork
    Yellow: Chicken
    Blue: Fish
    Green: Veg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I don't eat meat, or fish that can be cut. Chicken a couple of times a year. So mine wouldn't get much use! I do think people who eat meat are probably wise to use one board consistently for it, yes.

      Delete
    2. My daughter is a vegetarian and her spouse and daughter are not. So the colors are to avoid cross-contamination.

      Delete
    3. Ahh, all comes clear now, Patti. I can also see a case for reserving boards for allergenic foods, come to think of it. My own household of one with occasional guest, is much simpler.

      Delete
  9. red, blue, green, and yellow just because

    ReplyDelete
  10. I rest mine in a shelf in a cupboard. I take out whichever colour is on top. I like blue though. The rest are interchangeable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started taking out the front one, they're leaning against the wall at the end of the counter. Saves decision making!

      Delete
  11. Any color cutting board would be disconcerting to me. I am so used to wooden cutting boards. I can see the appeal of ones you can throw in the dishwasher though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the light weight, my wooden boards being a bit heavy for me. And they're kinder in ky knife blades.

      Delete
  12. blue, red, green, yellow. I thought I'd responded to this but must have headed out to plug the hole in the ozone layer again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!