Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Harvesting honesty

Today was the day to test the honesty plant. Just rubbed one seedpod to check

And it was ready

So here's her last view of the outdoors before taking her rightful place with her friends

Seeds and pod covers, whatever they're called, removed

And the beautiful results, with the other honesty pods  from previous years.

The seeds are now planted again for next year's pods. 

Another harvest completed! One of those minor pleasures to look forward to each year.

I just checked and found that it was last July 14, Bastille day, that I harvested the honesty last time.  

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love how it stays beautiful year after year.

      Delete
  2. I've just bought some honesty seeds on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they bloom for you, yu can save seeds and never buy them again.

      Delete
  3. The only time I tried growing them the seeds didn't germinate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty plant to be able to decorate inside with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely plant to decorate with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if they would grow in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a try. It's possible that they need cold winters between growing seasons. But can't hurt to try.

      Delete
  7. Oh, I love those! I never knew where they came from before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! And I'm totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure a lot of people haven't a clue that you can use them as decor - really pretty, but fragile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They hold up for years. I've had them for many years, despite cats! They look so insubstantial, but it's deceptive.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!