Sunday, July 11, 2021

Sunday morning plants

It looks as if my maranta, prayer plant, grown from a cutting from my neighbor, is about to flower! I didn't know it was a flowering plant. I guess this means she's happy.

In the background, the indoor potatoes


Ready for their closeup and evidently sprouting. These were just peelings, not the potato, which I ate.

Outdoor potato plants from peelings


The yellowing foliage means there will soon be potatoes to harvest. At that point, the indoor potatoes will take their place in the bigger pot 

Then there are the uninvited. A white oak, planted by squirrels, which I'll dig and move out to its friends


And the indomitable red rose is having a second wind


Something seems to have chewed on the chair. Maybe it's reached the end of its lifespan here.  And the ancient rotted picnic bench next to it.

I do have a chair, the kind that you carry in a bag, to put out in its place. Once I get some helpful person to move this one out. And I have to figure what will replace the bench.

The honesty plant is maturing to where I'll soon be able to take the seeds for planting and add the silver remnants to the collection

So that's Chez Boud on a nice warm cloudy not too hot morning.

I have kitchen plans today, more later. And this afternoon is Misfits ordering day. The mad whirl never stops.. happy Sunday everyone!

11 comments:

  1. That maranta prayer plant has such beautiful leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I thought it wouldn't flower. Thought the leaf patterns were the main event.

      Delete
  2. All looks well at your house today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several years ago, we gave our Vietnamese neighbors a Haworthia sprout from our mama plant. A year later, theirs was sending up flower stalks. As with you and your exquisite-leaved maranta, I had no idea that they ever flowered (and our Haworthias still haven't).

    Gardening projects galore! Glad you've had a not-too-hot morning to survey your holdings!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neighbor who gave me the cutting hadn't had flowers either. Hm. Should I tell her??

      Delete
    2. Live on the wild side - yes :-) She'll either never speak to you again or marvel at your green thumb!

      CfB

      Delete
  4. The maranta is beautiful. I don't think I have seen a variegated prayer plant and when it flowers it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying your potato farming and look forward to seeing the crop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm interesting in seeing the prayer plant flower when it matures so hope you can post a picture. I hope to stumble on one of those plants somewhere because it has such a beautiful leaf. Maybe it would survive my ministrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read on. I posted the flower. It's tiny and inconspicuous. The foliage is still the main event.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!