I did more work on Madame Poupee,
and here she is.
Hair finished, little trim, skirt created from some crazy patchwork I'd done using fabrics I'd printed and image transferred onto among other things, largely silk, on a linen base.
This doll is reminding me of the Robe, work ongoing, that I stitched and appliqued old work onto.
I rigged up a stand using a drinking glass. Her legs are inside the glass, skirt outside. This is heavy enough not to fall over.
And she's changed personality yet again with the skirt and the crystal, I mean diamond, necklace. Bit of attitude showing here.
Unless a sudden need for a hat happens, she may be done.
The attempts to get her vertical have led me into another new niche worid: doll stands. I didn't even know they were a thing, not being a collector, until just now.
Next discovery is that they're largely made for commercial doll brands in standard sizes. Even the adjustable ones won't quite work. So I will be investigating making my own.
With my trusty assortment of wire in various gauges, and PVC pipe. Of course. Only a matter of time before PVC pipe put in an appearance. I have various pliers once I lay hands on them, and I'll pursue this.
Another fine mess you've got us into, self!