News, views, art, food, books and activism. This now incorporates my art blog, which you can still read, at https://beautifulmetaphor.blogspot.com.
You can also find my shorts channel
www.youtube.com/@ChezBoud
All pictures and text created by me are copyright to me, Liz Adams. If you'd like to quote, with credit, just ask!
Saturday, October 10, 2020
Only the best for Ursula
I just checked the back marks on Ursula's cup and saucer.
Probably about the 1890s. I wonder if this was a salesman's sample. Or if it's really a miniature. Either way, it's lovely.
Stitchers might fancy using the pattern for needlework ide
Probably a miniature. Miniature tea sets were made for children in the 2nd part of the 1800's. Many were made by well known companies like Spode Copeland.
Thank you for the info. As well as the printed information, it has an impressed underglaze mark. I'm guessing this stuff was pretty special as a child's gift at the time.
I immediately thought it might be from a children's set, but it seems a little ornate for that. I'm no expert on the subject though, so really have no idea. No matter - I love the blue!
It is lovely indeed!
ReplyDeleteThat IS beautiful. Ursula's a lucky bear.
ReplyDeleteI usually bring it out with other items at Easter, with three of my cockatiel Emily's eggs, decorated, in it. She's long gone, but her eggs live on.
ReplyDeleteIf I found that in a regular size, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
ReplyDeletePretty cup
ReplyDeleteProbably a miniature. Miniature tea sets were made for children in the 2nd part of the 1800's. Many were made by well known companies like Spode Copeland.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the info. As well as the printed information, it has an impressed underglaze mark. I'm guessing this stuff was pretty special as a child's gift at the time.
DeleteI immediately thought it might be from a children's set, but it seems a little ornate for that. I'm no expert on the subject though, so really have no idea. No matter - I love the blue!
ReplyDelete