Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Sharing is good. Said Peter Rabbit.

 I did a bit of cleanup outside. That huge white mass of chrysanthemums covering half the path was battered by rain and ready to be done. You see the darker color of the ground cover where it's been shaded since July by the spreading chrysanthemum.



So now it's out back feeding the earth in the woods, leaving the Montauk daisies to shine. They look better without the competition from across the path.

Then it was lunchtime so I thought hm, some chives and dandelions would be nice additions to my salad, and on top of the vichyssoise soup. So I went to cut them

and found that word had got out that I was a Potter fan, and Peter's cousin had swiped the lot.

So italian parsley subbed. I used all the leeks and potatoes from my box, and yogurt whey. Milk added, not cream. I forgot to add in celery. Next time.

On the subject of fitness which we were, indirectly, this kind of eating being pretty good for health, I needed a change from hasfit exercises, so I've added chair yoga as of  today.  When instructors pronounce it eeyoga, it sounds like Cherry Oga, new singing sensation, but I digress.

But however you say it, this is good.


Many of the hasfit exercises are based on yoga practice, so they all go together.

Knitting group online today, where I'll be stitching, not having any knitting going right now.  And hoping not to crash or freeze, this event being generated from a dodgy connection in a branch library. The other, alternating, knitting meetings are from the main library with the Big Cables, much better signal. But I'll sign in anyway, to be supportive. Also to see who's there.

And I delivered samples of sweet potato bread next door as promised, to some excitement. Doesn't take much these days!

16 comments:

  1. That soup and salad do look delicious!
    You are a busy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my second helping today. It's very good after a day, flavors blend better tham newly made. It also feels so virtuous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chair yoga has me intrigued - I must look into that a little bit more. I used to enjoy yoga classes until the teacher decided that we all needed to learn to do headstands. Yikes - it was advertised as being gentle yoga and I wasn't about to attempt THAT particular feat! She was also quite insistent that I do certain poses that involved a lot of pressure on my hands - another thing I couldn't do without suffering for days afterwards. I was made to feel like I was totally useless if I didn't do all the poses and it ended up several of us quit over it. 'Gentle' yoga (as it was advertised) didn't end up being that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thst sort of bullying has no place in yoga practice. I'm wondering if she was really a former gymnast, not a yoga person.

      Anyway, check out the chair version. It's just as satisfying as the getting on the floor one, which I don't do any more! It's about breathing, accepting how your body feels today, not about challenge.

      Delete
    2. I don't mean gymnasts are bullies. Just that this push further, push harder, challenge yourself is not a yoga frame of mind, but the gymnasts I've known would work that way.

      Delete
    3. I would suggest you find a different yoga instructor than to quit altogether. whoever you had was not very good. every yoga teacher I've had has always stressed modifying the pose to accommodate whatever your physical abilities are until you can get there through practice. I do a headstand but there are other inverted poses that she could have introduced.

      Delete
    4. Unfortunately yoga instructors in this town are few and far between - I think there are only two and the other one isn't 'gentle' either, being even worse than the one I was going to.

      Delete
  4. I know I'd be excited to get some sweet potato bread! I imagine you have happy neighbors tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a slice this afternoon and thought about your eating too much comment! Yes, I could have. It's a great accompaniment to a glass of milk. Nice for kids, too.

      Delete
  5. You set a good example with your healthy eating. And chair yoga too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are keeping busy which is great. Chair yoga started here recently. I haven’t checked it out yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my case it's inevitable. My late husband took years to realize that I have no downtime switch. He learned not to wait for a break to talk to me! He had one activity at a time. I think that's pretty male, come to think of it. He never had the sort of overlap that's normal to me. And a lot of women.

      Delete
  7. Your neighbors are lucky to have you. I'm glad you are doing well and staying active. I enjoy chair yoga but miss my former floor exercises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you, e. I hope you are doing well too.

      Delete
  8. sounds like a good day - outside, good food, inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!