Sunday, October 25, 2020

Cashew carrot potato ginger apple soup

 CCPGA soup. Sounds like a government agency. But it's pretty good.

I added in an apple, thanks to Marilyn who made a sweet potato soup recently and liked the apple addition.

 
I found a lone Yukon gold potato in this week's box, so why not. I remembered to soak the cashews a couple of hours. Carrots and ginger already prepped. Little dash of berbere, not much, it's hot. Dash of lemon at the end. Usual start with onions and garlic, and the chicken stock cubes and salt all cooked in the olive oil first. 


And here's a soup for several days. Dressed up with a sprig of Thai basil.

My neighbor thanks everyone who helped with the plant id, and my neighbor on the other side, Amitha's husband, told me they've bought the house, after renting for several years. This is good news, nice neighbors, lovely kids. 
I've been friends with everyone who's lived there, lucky in our neighbors, and it looks as if it's happening again.

My formatting goes centered after I insert a picture, which I don't like as much as left justified, but oh well. Bear with me!

11 comments:

  1. Potatoes and apples are in abundance here, as usual, this fall. I make a cream of potato soup but have never used apples in soup. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apple was a honey crisp, slightly tart, amd maybe I'd use a Granny Smith. Probably not a very sweet variety though.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No, just soak them for a couple of hours. That softens them so that they cook down, and the blending does the rest.

      Delete
  3. we are soup people, especially during the winter. i always serve it with bread or a salad, i like bread better!!

    this sounds delicious, very nice ingredients!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had that formatting problem. if you put a space after you insert the picture it will left justify (I think, I'll have to pay better attention next time). also if you click the three little dots at the end of the dashboard a new menu will open and on the right side are two paragraph icons with little arrows. if you put the cursor at the beginning of the paragraph and then click on the icon with the right pointing arrow, it will left justify. sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a number of things. This sudden change after a photo is new. It happens if I insert a pic then go on writing. Often I write the post then, formatting set already, insert pix and that doesn't change the format. And I have not found any way to change format after writing on the tablet or phone. On the laptop I can highlight and choose. There's no operative cut and paste function on Android devices, despite all the little prompts that seem to promise it!

      Blogger is still making changes in the background. When something suddenly stops functioning you know they're under the hood "improving" it.

      Delete
  5. I think a great deal of the reason you have good neighbours is because YOU are a good neighbour. What goes around, comes around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!