Saturday, October 22, 2022

Knitting mad skillz

Yesterday's knitting group yielded great stuff, look


Designed by the knitter, this cotton adapted shrug has sections of many stitch patterns which my picture doesn't show well


 Same knitter adapted a pattern, incorporated icord edges and changed up the fronts


Another knitter now on the first sleeve of this lovely sweater, look at the color gradation, done by her choosing yarns to blend  The rest of us were working on things you've seen before, no need to duplicate here.

Talk ranged from auto immune diseases, Sandy Toksvig, QI, crickets in the house, scavenging great stuff from city streets, flea markets we have known.  Just another meeting of like minded people.

The chicken of the woods bracket fungus I showed you the other day has now multiplied all over the fallen tree trunks, but the light was too harsh to see to get pictures. I tried and missed. Maybe another day.

Happy day everyone, leaving you with important knitting






12 comments:

  1. I think there is a lot of talent in your knitting group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like being with like-minded people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at that beautiful knitting *almost* makes me wish for cold weather so I could enjoy snuggling into them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors in that sweater are remarkable, and they fade so evenly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True artists in this group! I love it! What fun you all must have, sharing not only knitting but whatever else comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a skilled, intelligent and curious group. Knitting is a meditation as well as a creative outlet and practical skill. Fi is curious about the icord edge but likes best the colour fade pullover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I-cord is a way to knit cord using double pointed needles and very few stitches, pushed back and forth so as to form a tube. But you can also do it on the edges to create a finished effect, similar technique but at the ends of long rows instead.
    It's a very cool group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many gifted people out there.
    Love love love the graded sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those sweaters. Those knitters do great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great knitting and great conversation topics.
    Are you going to try the fungus?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got back to my granddaughter's sweater today. Actually, tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although the colours in the brown-toned sweater aren't 'me' I do love it. I sometimes think about knitting myself a sweater and then I give myself a stern lecture because I know it would end up being a life's work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!