Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Freecycle rules!

After moving out bags of Handsome Son's declutter via Freecycle, I found a great offer on there for my kitchen.



Which I tested at home and it works fine. Usual story: they'd upgraded and wanted to move it on. It's how I got my microwave, scanner and DVD player at various times. 

Since my old toaster oven had quit toasting and needed to be unplugged between oven uses because the off switch quit, I said goodbye to it, and thank you.


 I don't accept Freecycle gifts from just anyone. Here's the neighborhood



Mercer Street Princeton, to Einstein Drive to Godel to Maxwell. Yes, it's  the Institute for Advanced Study where  great mathematicians and physicists hang out and upgrade their toaster ovens. I didn't have to qualify, just text on arrival.

Beautiful weather for walking, and greeting the rabbit, still there



Before I leave here are a couple of riddles my Dad drove me mad with as a little kid

If my peacock lays an egg in your yard, who owns the egg?

Which is correct, the yolk of an egg are white or the yolk of an egg is white?

A plane crashed exactly halfway across the frontier of two countries, A and B.  In which country did they bury the survivors?

Running away now, happy day everyone! Make corny jokes, they're silly and fun.

Off to the thriftie today to donate the rest of Handsome Son's clutter, good stuff worth buying at thrift store prices.



15 comments:

  1. What a great find! Enjoy your new toaster oven.
    I am terrible at corny riddles. But I do know that the yolk of an egg is yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all three but the first one took me a minute. I knew there was a trick. I'll have to check out the freecycle in my area though I don't really need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riddles #1 and 3 sound like issues posed to us in law school. And Riddle #2 is straight from English class, is it not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't reveal them yet, but yes, Debra, two of them get people debating without stopping to examine the question!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could be the genius spirit vibes of the area are part reason you live there, drawn to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The toaster oven looks new, what a score!

    I got #2. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The old ones are the best. (I'm talking riddles here but applicable in many aspects of life.) I don't think I've seen a toaster oven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Score for Boud! The oven looks brand new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, peahens, egg yolks and ..... "It took us 20 hours to bury the cat, wriggling about, wouldn't keep still.....It wasn't dead then? No but we were going on a fortnight's holiday to Sorento and didn't want to come back to a dead cat."
    Handsome son is very fortunate to have such a busy Mum. Always ask a busy person when you need help with something. xxx Mr T and F

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those riddles. They taught me to really look at the question and not jump to conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our grandkids will love these riddles. They always have one to test us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you scored a great find and happy cooking in it, Liz. It’s nice when unwanted or unneeded appliances get a second home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You scored well on Freecycle. I am not sure is ours is still active. But Nothing groups on FB seem to be doing better, or at least I see them.

    What’s black and white and read all over?”
    A newspaper bc when you hear it, you tend to hear red and not read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think we need a a freecycle place like yours here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Couldn't live without a toaster oven - wonderful for cooking in the summer heat and for warming small amounts of food rather than heating up the whole kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!