Saturday, October 15, 2022

Brewing up and soup's up

Here's the acorn squash, tofu and carrot soup, base of olive oil, onions and garlic, with nutmeg, turmeric, whole milk and ginger, Old Bay, kosher salt, sprig of Thai basil 




Six more helpings to come. Beautiful color. The pumpkin is still stylin' it on the front step, to become a pumpkin bread as soon as I get around to it. No bananas, so cooked pumpkin will do it.

Yesterday was library knitting group day. One of our group, Audrey Jakab with her partner, it turns out, is an assemblage artist. So here are a few not very good shots, reflection, low light, of a very good small exhibit she currently has at the library 












Wonderful found and discovered objects in new relationships, and great fun. I like the xylophone giraffe. She's the member currently making the punch hook wall hanging. No picture of her, not there yesterday, but I had cleared this post with her ahead of time.

And here's a couple of great ideas about Islamic teas. I'm making the cardamom pod one today, got all the makings. This might be a great winter project, various teas with herbs.


Happy day everyone, brew up good trouble today.






13 comments:

  1. We had the most delicious allspice tea at the jungle lodge. They used used allspice leaves and other spices. I may try to recreate it, which will be a challenge because they were not forthcoming with details! Your teas look quite interesting and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I especially love the red...wall plaque? But I might feel different if I saw the art in person.
    Enjoy your soup! I think I might make a pot of the creamy cashew butternut squash soup that I love. Of course, I always add sweet potatoes which I think makes it even better.
    I think a tea-tasting project would be a delightful cool weather thing to do. I'm wishing I had some cardamon pods myself. May have to go to the import food store to get some.
    Thank you for always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of oddball, it didn't really speak to me.

    Tuesday the grocery store had a spotted acorn squash so I bought one. First winter squash they have had in at least two years. Plenty of butternut and spaghetti squash. We ate enough butternut last year to last for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite the interesting gallery display at the library, The Nashua Public Library also has displays which change monthly, but usually it is only photography and paintings. Butternut squash soup will be on the menu here next week as it's one of our fall favorites. This time, I plan on adding some apples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soup looks very delicious indeed.
    Although we are supposed to be well into spring now. It’s still cold and wet so soup is a great idea for warming up
    I have one pumpkin left from last years harvest. I might have to make some for us to have
    I’ve got a craving now lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soup and tea. Anyone would think it was getting cold over there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never used tofu in soup. I always learn something from you, Boud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog via a comment you made on Tasker's blog.
    Creating your own herb teas sounds like a good idea for a winter project - last year I had an Advent calendar by a deli food company in Munich - every day another delicious herb tea in a sachet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a great Advent calendar. Since I have a lot of spices, I think it will be interesting to create new spicy black teas from what's in the cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the soup and your tea experiment, making some tea myself at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the soup and your tea experiment, making some tea myself at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum - the soup looks great! While Resident Chef was hobbling about I made Potato Ham soup and it turned out better than I expected. He took back his kitchen today and made a Japanese soup and then he refused to eat it (I thought it was good) because he didn't like how it smelled. Dried Shiitake mushrooms turn him off so I guess I have a big pot of soup to eat by myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!