Thursday, September 1, 2022

September already, how did that happen?

It looks as if the calendar of arts is saluting photography this month


Or squirrels.  Happy September. White rabbits, too.

Yesterday was a Misfits box day, this time a chill pack selection, stocking up on fish and chicken and dairy




No vegetables and fruit, because local produce is now around, including home grown tomatoes and farm potatoes. 

Interestingly,  the Yukon gold potatoes, usually quite a bit more expensive than white, were priced the same at the farm. 

They do this with like products, to make it easier at the counter.  Apples all the same price, too.  Not tomatoes though, plum being cheaper than the big juice ones.

Anyway, growing yesterday morning, in my bowl for lunch, malt vinegar, seasalt, black pepper, shake of grana padano. 



I think we've seen the last of the heatwaves. Beautiful cool nights, window open. I was awake at three am, drinking tea and enjoying the cool air at the window.

I went to sleep last night listening to the Rose Code, having tracked down an audio version I could understand. 

I'd tried it on the library Hoopla, totally unintelligible, very poor recording, could barely catch a word on the tablet, then tried the phone, now harsh sound and still half the consonants MIA. I really wondered if my hearing had deteriorated so much.

So I requested it in ebook form, months to wait. I finally tried YouTube, got the same recording, same narrator, perfectly clear. So it's not me, after all, it's them. 

How YouTube can do this and Hoopla can't is beyond me. Not for the first time. But I'm pretty engrossed at this point. You can't say I'm not determined. Or hell-bent, as the case may be. Thank you, Mary Moon, for the recommendation.

Thank you, too, Alaska, for yesterday's historic House special election. Mary Peltola defeated McCain's biggest blunder, Sarah Palin,  handily, becoming the first Democrat in decades to be elected in Alaska, the first native American to be elected from Alaska ever.  

They have to do it again in November, for a full term, by when Peltola will have the incumbent advantage, so let's hope she does it again. Another Democrat knocking out a Republican at this point is great news.

Still early, I think I'll sleep again before I get up for a second breakfast and the last eye doctor visit, we hope.

Happy day, cheers!





11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like the book! I somehow knew you would!
    May the eye visit go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was great news about Peltola. I hope she can hold onto the seat. I think Alaskans aren't ready to forgive Sarah Palin for resigning as governor to be a media personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are still gripped by heat. I am not ordering from Misfits right now because I have so much produce. Alaska was great news, bye bye Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy September! How I wish our heat wave would end too. I'm tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on Alaska! They vote again is November! Wow! Good luck to the winner then too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a special election yo fill an unexpired term. The national election in November is when there's the vote for full terms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alaska Strong!
    A very pleasing election result, in my Republican opinion. I am confident Peltola will win for a full term. Holding up good candidates is better than knocking them down, no matter what party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Alaska House of Representatives win was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another sweet calendar illustration...almost makes the fact that it's September already a little easier to bear.
    I, too, was glad to see that Palin was defeated, even though I'm in Canada obviously and it really doesn't affect me overly much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!